𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘍𝘰𝘶𝘳

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

The sun was pouring down on Addison in the bed.

The black silk sheets heating up under the light of the sun, surrounding her body in what she could explain as a hug, her chest tightening as she remembered her situation. She rolled her head back and forth, before pressing up against the mattress, leaning back on the headboard with an exasperated sigh. "I wondered when you were going to wake." Ari spoke, stepping out of the bathroom, sweats hanging low on his hips while a white t-shirt rested against his upper body. Addison trailed her eyes down his body, before back up and resting on his face. "How long did I sleep past you?" She questioned, subconsciously pulling the sheets tightly around her, ignoring the fact that the heat was starting to creep in, while it was the dead of winter in New York, Bermuda seemed to be on a summer thermostat most the year. "A few hours, no big deal little." Ari's voice carried over the room like a melody, forcing a smile on to her lips as he sat at the foot of the bed, his fingers finding her leg under the sheets, rubbing small circles into her skin.

Just like that fateful night.

"We need to talk about your safety little one," Ari spoke breathlessly, trying to keep his head in the right place, ignoring the head tilt she had, and the raised eyebrow that made him want to pin her against the mattress and never let her leave, "it's why I need you to marry me and take my last name." Ari stated, seeing her mouth drop, irritation flashing in those blue eyes, but she never brought her leg away from his touch, because of that, he knew she wasn't completely fighting it. "Why the hell would you pull me from one loveless marriage to put me in another?" She asked, her voice barely above a whisper, her own words digging into her chest like daggers. "Because you need to be safe." Ari shrugged nonchalantly, running his free hand through his hair, groaning as she dug her foot into his rib cage, anger flaring in his chest. "You haven't even told me what the fuck I'm supposed to be protected from!" Addison yelled, cowering back when Ari rose to his feet quickly, his hand tangling in her hair and pulling it back, his lips inches above hers as he spoke.

"If I fucking told you, there could be a bullet in both of our backs, so are you going to be a good girl little one?"

Addison felt the tears prick in her eyes as he yanked on her hair once more, a stuttered breath leaving her lips, "Yes, I'm sorry. I'm just scared." She whispered, her lips brushing his as she spoke. Ari's minty breath fanned against her lips, Addison's craving to have him again becoming almost unbearable. "Mr. Levinson I-" Poppy's voice rang in the room, stopping as she took in the situation in front of her. "I can come back." Poppy murmured, going to step out of the room before Ari raised his hand, stilling her motions, while at the same time, letting loose of Addison's hair. "Pop, I need you to do me a favor," Ari stated, his eyes never leaving Addison's as he brushed his nose against hers, smirking at her stuttered breathing, "Miss Harrison is about to become Mrs. Levinson, I need you to find her a dress and a ring. Isn't that right little one?" Ari smirked against the skin of Addison's lips, her eyes closing. "Yes." She whispered, trying to hold the tears from slipping over. "I can have that arranged, Mr. Levinson there's a call for you." Poppy whispered, looking away as Ari pressed his lips to Addison's quickly, releasing her hair and leaving the room.

Heavy silence filled the room as Ari exited, Addison's breathing was stuttered as her scalp tried to soothe itself. Poppy looked over at the girl, jealously resting against her face only to soften slightly as she watched Addison's stuttered breathing, sniffles coming from her nose to try and hold her tears in. "You're free to go Poppy, I will come find you when I'm ready." Addison spoke softly, her eyes never leaving the ceiling, finally letting the tears flow when the door clicked shut. She had no idea what she was supposed to be scared of, this threat that no one is telling her about, or the man she's being forced to marry. He was a completely different person the night they first came together, he was so gentle with her, holding her as if she was a porcelain doll. Now she was his to intimidate into what he wanted her to do, to force her into a corner and make her stay until she was ready to comply with him. She thought she could fight him, but he was proving to scare her more than she thought.