𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘌𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Maverick's voice echoed down the hallway, his booming laugh bouncing around the walls.

"Sit in the chair." Addison commanded Killian quickly, pulling the drive out of the computer and closing down the program. Every second felt excruciating as she forced herself out of her fathers chair, pulling up his screensaver before rounding his desk, her knee brushing Killian's as she passed by him. He placed his hand on her hip, gripping it tightly to bring her back, seeing her blue eyes land on him. "I'm your body guard." He murmured, releasing her from his hold when she nodded, placing herself in the cool leather of the seat beside Killian, her eyes closing as a deep breath left her lips. "Give me the drive." Killian whispered, extending his hand towards her, palm up, the black USB being placed in his hand and tucked securely in his pocket as the door to the office opened. "I hear my principessa has come for a visit." Mavericks voice surrounded the two.

A chill ran up Addison's spine as she rose to her feet, her hand squeezing Killians shoulder as she slipped between the two chair. "Papá, I'm sorry I hadn't seen you yet, my arrival was chaotic." Addison replied calmly, stopping in front of her father with an apologetic grin, his lips pressing two kisses to either cheek before he wrapped his arms around her body, lifting her into the air slightly. "I went by Ari's last night, but he wouldn't let me take you home." Maverick stated, setting Addison down, her heels clicking against the tile of his office. "That's because I was home." Addison replied, turning when Killian rose, nodding towards her. "Killian," Maverick sighed, sticking his hand out for the man, watching as Killian shook his waiting hand, his teeth gritting at the gesture, "I don't see why we need you, you know the way out." Maverick stated, making a show of wiping his hand against the black jacket he was wearing.

Addison felt her jaw ache from how hard her teeth clenched, her father thinks Killian lower than them.

"Killian I have not excused you, remain in the room please." Addison stated, stepping up to the desk where her father was raising an eyebrow at her. Addison's arms were crossed against her chest, her diamond ring glimmering in the sun. "Killian is my body guard and works for me, you have no authority to excuse him without my approval." Addison's voice was cross, irritation laced in her words. "So Ari, has half a mind to give you a body guard, I guess I can give him credit where it's due." Maverick chuckled, amusement washing away when he saw his daughters harsh glare on him. "Ari cares about my safety, unlike everyone else apparently." She spoke, watching the way the corner of his right eye twitched, a tell tell sign that she had gotten under his skin. "I kept you safe, for over twenty years."

"No, you kept me locked away for twenty years until you could use me for your own personal gain," Addison's voice was curt, startling Killian from her attitude as she stepped closer to the wooden desk in the center of the room, "That is hardly the same thing papá." She finished her statement, palms laying flat against the top of the wood, Maverick's gaze hardening. "Travis would've kept you safe, you know that." Maverick snapped, meeting Addison halfway so they were eye to eye, fire dancing between the two of them. "No, Travis would've used me as a doll, I was just merely status elevation," Addison smirked, seeing Mavericks eye twitch once more, "have you ever thought about what I want? Who I wanted to be with? What I wanted to do?"

"I gave you a home, in return you were going to make our family flourish."

Addison shook her head, stepping back to create space. "I'm just a pawn in your little game, the only thing you messed up on was making sure I was clueless, did Evan and Elliot tell you what I said?" She questioned, bending her fingers over her palms and checking her nails, acting as if the conversation was below her, simply boring her. "They did, said you threatened them but didn't tell me the threat you were making." Maverick stated, his teeth clenching so hair it disrupted his voice, a proud smirk on Addison's lips. She knew how much it irritated her father when he wasn't shown respect, especially by his own children, and she was using that against him. "I told them to tell you, that if you try and meddle in my marriage again, I will make sure Harrison Industries burns, metaphorically, and literally." Addison shrugged, leaning against the side of Killian's chair, patting his shoulder when panic danced in his pupils.