Chapter 3: Waking Up To Loneliness

This chapter was written by Skye_CherryBomb_21. Thanks for letting me write this chapter, Jacob!

Kaitlyn's POV

I awoke and bolted upright. I looked at my surroundings. I didn't remember anything.

All I remembered was my name is Kaitlyn, and my friends...

There was Jules, Jacob, and I forgot her name...

I think the other girl's name was Logan.

I got to my feet when some voice spoke over a speaker of some sort. He explained how this is the maze of boredom. There is supposed to be an old shack with supplies, and my favorite part; TACOS!

The whole idea of this maze is to get to the middle and see your friends again. This is some messed up game.

I made my way over to the shack and grabbed weapons, food and a backpack. I also snatched a taco on my way out. I ate it, thankful that they included the BEST FOOD EVAH, and continued on.

"Two of your friends have already left; the guy that you call a girl, for some odd reason, and the one called Jacob. The fourth one is still knocked out. Watch out for the monsters." The whack job over the speaker said.

Great. Monsters. Just what I wanted.

I slung my bag over my back and began to make my way down a long path that led to the maze, fiddling with my arrow.

I stepped into the maze and began searching for my friends.

X.X.X.X.X.X.X

Wow! The path was huge! I was walking down the same path for about an hour, I think that was what it was called. I finally turned the corner and I saw...

A giant lion.

I knew it was no use to pull out my bow and arrow. I just ran.

The lion chased me, trying to kill me. I suddenly got an idea.

Using the wall, I climbed onto the lion's back and pulled out my knife, stabbing his throat. The lion roared and tried to attack me, but I stabbed it again.

The lion gave a final growl and hit the ground, dead as a donut. (hehe the Watson's go To Birmingham reference though.)

I fell to my knees, trying to get myself to breath. I had just realized; with all these monsters, we would most likely all die. Tears streamed down my cheeks, and I looked up, when all of a sudden I heard a voice. I slowly stood, unsure if I should follow.

The voice was a male's. He said, "Your friend just woke up, Kaitlyn."

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"I am your other side, Kaitlyn. My name is Faux, and I will help you at some points through this maze. But I cant guide you through everything, for some forces are too strong. You will have to face challenges yourself, but I will be here to protect you." Faux appeared. He was a teen, by the looks of it, and he had red hair, amber eyes, and an eyepatch over his left eye.

I got to my feet and looked again. He was gone.

I continued down the next turn, and began my quest to find my friends.

A/N- I hope you guys like it, and once again, thanks Jacob for letting me write this chapter! Oh, and @lord_atticus_attemis, you are not the pineapple lord. No, just no. Taco lord out!

~Skye_CherryBomb_21

ITS LORD_ATTICUS_ATTEMIS AND I AM THE PINEAPPLE LORD!