Highs and Lows

On January 25, 1999 Marianne and Alfred Toussaint began to experience the first rush of their new life. She was wheeled into a bright white room with various machines and tools of names which she hadn't known. He stood by her side and held her left hand while the doctors spoke words they could both barely make out.

After two days of screaming and practiced breathing exercises, there she was. Colette Jullianne Toussaint. Marianne was brought to tears and the overwhelming feelings of joy and excitement and the undying need to hold her new born daughter, while Alfred felt all the opposite. He begged God for a son. He sat on his knees at the belly of his wife and spoke his prayer in silence almost everyday. All he wished for was a baby boy he would teach to play sports and be proud of for growing into manhood.

By 2005 Colette was six and the most gracious daughter Marianne always knew she would be. Alfred was long gone by now since '02. His ex-wife hadn't a clue what his life looked like and he couldn't have a care in the world about his baby girl or the woman he promised his life to.

Marianne was a foreign French woman living in the heart of New York City as a single mother now for three years and was happier than she'd ever been.
Colette was the reason she hadn't thrown herself away, she kept her grounded and working hard for the dream she and Alfred once had. Through the years she kept writing and publishing and editing for the smaller fashion magazines.

Colette grew into an intelligent, beautiful young lady. She was gifted with nothing but grace and kindness from a thousand Gods and Goddess's of love. When she was 17 her mothers fashion business had just began to blow up and was in the streets of NYC.

Her brand "Julianne", after her daughters middle name, was being worn by micro celebrities and in magazines and in shops and Mari was in the prime of her life.

Fast forward a few more years and the two young ladies were living in a million dollar pent house in Manhattan, New York.