Contest? (Punk! EnglandXReader)

Requested by MlpAot4eva . Hope you enjoy, friend!

Hetalia nor any of the songs here are mine!! I REPEAT THAT NOTHING BUT THE IDEA IS MINE!

--

"Y/n! Are you exited, dude?" ALFRED screams at you. You sigh and roll your eyes, holding your poor little ears that were ringing.

"Yeah!" You reply, not screaming unlike this American idiot. "I'm ready to sing already!"

"Next up is (F/n) (L/n)!" The school talent show announcer booms into the microphone. You're not exactly popular, so there were more whispers then cheers.

That wouldn't last long.

You come out on stage with your dark skinny jeans, and your Paramore tee. You hand spiked brackets on your wrist with black converse on.

"This song goes to all you guys out there that enjoy judging people," you comment before starting to shred on your guitar, drums played by Alfred in the background.

"If I'm a bad person you don't like me. I guess I'll make my own way. It's a circle a mean cycle. I can't excite you anymore.~"

"Where's your gavel? Your jury? What's my offense this time? You're not a judge but if you're gonna judge me, well, sentence me to another life! ~"

"Don't wanna hear your sad songs! Don't wanna feel your pain! When you swear all my fault because you know we aren't the same!~"

"No!" Alfred screams behind me, as does some of the crowd.

"We're not the same!~" they sound off again and you continue. "Oh we're not the same! Yeah we're friends who stuck together. We wrote our names in blood, but I guess you can't except that the change is good. It's good, it's good.~" you drag out the last "good" as you sing.

I take a deep breath and start into the chorus. I pull a few strings on my guitar, taking the notes match as they do in the official version.

"Well you treat me just like another stranger. well, it's nice to meet you sir. I guess I'll go. I best be on my way out. Well you treat me just like another stranger. Well, it's nice to meet you sir. I guess I'll go. I best be on my way out," I grin as I sing. "Ignorance is your new best friend. Ignorance is your new best friend."

I look at Alfred as I start the second verse.

"And this is the best thing that could have happened. Any longer and I wouldn't have made it. It's not a war . No, it's not a rapture. I'm just a person but you can't take it! The same tricks that- that once fooled me- they won't get you anywhere. I'm not the same kid from your memory. Well, now I can fend for my self."

I look up at the cheering crowd and notice my contestant, Arthur Kirkland actually cheering. Wait, did I see that right? The stuck-up, bragging, cute- I uh mean- ignorant, punk is actually cheering for me? I feel a fire start to burn in my soul as I look at him and I make eye contact with his leafy eyes. I stick my tongue out playfully at him and squint my eyes shut as I rock the guitar. I open my eyes as I inhale.

"Well you treat me just like another stranger. well, it's nice to meet you sir. I guess I'll go. I best be on my way out. Well you treat me just like another stranger. Well, it's nice to meet you sir. I guess I'll go. I best be on my way out,"

"Ignorance is your new best friend. Ignorance is your new best friend. Ignorance is your new best friend. Ignorance is your new best friend!"

I shred on my guitar and more cheers explode. I continue for a little bit before I start up again.