1

[รαɳα ρσѵ.]

They said, having someone who you can treat as a brother feels so good. At least there is someone who will always guide you, help you, make fun of you, and cover all the silly things that you are doing in your life. Sometimes, they are the ones who are even starting it and were always with you.

Standing in front of a medium modern house. I heard how the door of the car opened and closed from behind. I can feel the happiness occupying my heart at the thought of having someone by my side---- as if it was the first time for the past 20 years of my existence in the world happens.

I should only feel excitement and happiness, right? But why is there a place for anxiousness in my heart?

What's the reason? Is it because I am thinking that they won't like me?

"Sweetheart, let's go inside," I hummed for response to my mother. She leads the way towards the house. After 10 years, this is the time that I know my mother will find her happiness again. I should be happy for her. She was all alone, suffering because of my father's death. But I'm glad that she finds her happiness right now.

She turns around and stares at me worriedly when she doesn't feel my presence behind her, following her inside. "Sana, what's wrong?"

I shook my head, eyeing down my baggage with nervousness. I fiddled with my fingers, my habit whenever I am nervous.

"I-I----"

I lost my words as if my tongue got cut. I can't find any confidence to answer her question, even though she is my mother. "Don't worry about them, sweetie. Your stepdad will surely love you."

'Then how about my stepbrother?'

God know how much I want to ask that, but I was afraid for an unknown reason. The time is moving. I deeply sighed to relax my system. I gazed up at my mother and thinly smiled. I walked towards her, holding and accepting her hand that she led me as we walk inside together.

A modern interior designed living room welcomed us. The house isn't big, nor small. Maybe good for 5 members of the family. The living room was themed with gray. The small pillows were all colored brown. The sofas are around the small black table with a flower vase in the middle.

Despite the house medium-sized, the looks didn't become less luxurious. Amusement was written on my face ad I look around. It's not like it I'd my first time seeing a house like this but it really looks so good and clean.

"Do you like it here?" A familiar voice asked from behind. I turn around. There I saw a man who was around his 40s walking down on the stairs like a king who owned this place. He was so attractive. He was wearing a white shirt and black pants.

His arms muscular. His hair was kinda long and his presence really screams hotness. Now, my mom really had a great taste when it comes to men. "Uncle....." I called.

He cheeky smiled at me and made his way towards our direction. "Aww, dear. I told you to just call me Appa but it seems like you're not comfortable with it so it's okay. By the way, do you like it here? I asked my friends to clean this house for ya."

My eyes narrow in confusion. "Your friends, uncle?"

He suddenly laughs and scrunch his nose. He looks like someone who's familiar to me when he does that. I just can't remember who is that someone. "Oh silly me. My workers, dear. I just, don't want to call them maids or something since they are like a family to me."

I guess, calling someone maid isn't an insult, right? But I just shake it off on my head and nodded.

"By the way, do you want to see your room? I asked your mother what color you like and she said that you love pink the most. But maybe you don't want too much pink so I just ask them to color the walls gray and change the pillowcase to white so as the blanket."

I hummed and smiled. I may love pink but I kind of don't like it if everything that sorrounds me is color pink.

"I'll just go there alone, uncle. Please tell me which way."

"Oh. It was on the second floor. The second to the last room. It has a color brown door." I bowed and thanked him before making my way upstairs. The house was 4 stories. The space might be not that big but at least it has 4 floors.

Stepping up the stairs, I see the orange sky and the sun slowly going down. I look at my wristwatch. It was already six in the afternoon. Seeing the time makes me feel the tiredness as if it was reminding me of the things that I did today.

I yawned as I arrive on that floor. I start walking in the alley. I even see a maid walking away. She bowed at me as I responded back while walking. As I arrive at the very edge, realization suddenly hits me. I don't know what room it is. If it was either on the left or right. Uncle said that the door was color brown.

But the thing is, both doors from left to right have the same door color. Both are also on the very edge and was just facing each other. I deeply sighed and walked first to the room on my right. I twist the doorknob but it was locked.

A smile formed on my lips. Maybe this isn't my room since it was locked, maybe the one on the left is. Assuming that it was my room, I walked towards it and twist the doorknob. I almost jump because of happiness when it opened. Maybe because I feel tired, I couldn't be able to open the lights. The sorroundings were dark since the black curtains were covering the window but I still can see some things.

I consciously put my baggage on the floor and removed my white snickers, jumping on the bed as I cover my body using the blanket. The scent of the room smells so good, including the blanket and pillows. So good that it makes me drift to sleep while hugging and smelling the aroma of the small pillow.