°8°

Why Do I Feel This Way?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Author's POV

"Ow! Careful a little will you?!" The man winced as Jungkook sighed in annoyance before putting more pressure on the other already bruised skin; feeling irritated to be told like some slave but knowing that it was his fault to hit this man without knowing who he actually is so he needs to endure it to make up his negligence.

Twenty minutes had passed and Jungkook got to learn everything about this older man who claimed to be Jung-Hoseok. He's surprisingly not the caretaker but the partner of the caretaker who's also a martial man too. Usually, it's not him who takes care of the baby, but since his fiancee has an emergency at the military base; the other couldn't trust anyone enough to hire them and ask this gentleman to replace him instead so there won't be any problem knowing his lover would never do something harmful because they all are close friends with Jimin.

And on top of that, Jungkook also got to know the cute baby name is Park Min-Ha and he must admit, those are such beautiful names for a girl. However, his inside couldn't help but feel trouble hearing it for the first time. It is almost as if it wanted to tell Jungkook that there's something he missed. He feels as if this is not his first time but rather his hundred times already. And not to mention the warmth he felt instantly when his eyes first landed on Min-Ha, it made his stomach flip and his instinct immediately thought nothing but wanted to protect the child from the cruel world.

He tries to see the bigger picture, he tries to collect the puzzle and match them with each other; trying to remember if he ever heard the name before but no matter how hard he tries; he ends up going nowhere but right at the start. His brain went blank immediately when he got to that one point, confiding in him that there was still something he left behind which he couldn't confirm what it was. It sucks, he didn't like it even a bit.

"I'm going to get more ice, stay here. Don't move." Jungkook mumbled, realizing the cold cubes in the tiny plastic bag were melting away as Hoseok nodded slowly; feeling pain shoot him right the moment he made a tiny action; making him let out a hiss. Well, who wouldn't be in pain though? The younger one literally hit him with a stainless steel pan and not to mention the force it put, he believed he could have died if he didn't explain himself first. But luckily he did.

He watched Jungkook stand up, on his way to the kitchen when a tiny muffle sound came from the crib for the second time that morning– catching both of the adults' attention as the younger glanced behind his back; looking over the specific place at the bottom of the one-seater couch. It's weird, every time Jungkook will go a little bit far away from the living room; Min-Ha would let out a cry– as if she didn't want the man to go distant from her. This never happened before and to be honest, Hoseok couldn't be more dumbfounded by it.

But just like before, Jungkook would turn his eyes away and look back to the front before leaving the area without hesitation to ignore those begging cries.

However this time, Hoseok won't let it happen. He understands that the younger probably must feel uncomfortable holding a baby but if you are in his place, would you ignore it? Would you let a baby cry every time you wanted to go away? Or would you rather comfort the child first than go? It's not that he couldn't do it himself but he couldn't even move his head, what makes you think he could move his hands to actually pick Min-Ha? He would have done it if he could in the first place. That just adds another reason why Jungkook should hold her.

"Jungkook…" Hoseok trailed off, grabbing onto the younger's sleeve even before he could go inside the kitchen as the other hummed and looked down with a raised eyebrow. "Yes, do you need anything?" Jungkook asked and immediately regretted it as soon as he looked over the older's facial expressions. No words were spoken, no voices were heard nor actions were made but both of them understood it.