Chapter 14

Izuku was acting strange to say the least.

Not strange as-in acting a bit off, or just acting like a hooligan-- no-- he didn't say a single word all week. He actively avoided his classmates and friends and never talked in the group chat.

He, literally, ran away the moment anybody attempted to approach him.

Several people had personally asked Aizawa to check up on him, even Monoma and Kendo.

Aizawa decided he'd do something about it on Saturday, he genuinely had no time any other day so Saturday was the next best thing.

Therapy started next Thursday so that wasn't an excuse to speak, sadly.

Regarding the work studies. Heroes had all of this week (from the day of the sports festival to Saturday) to send in recommendation thingys, then from next week until Saturday they could choose where they wanted to go.

Friday, 2:08AM

Aizawa was marking papers at the table in the 1A dorms common room, he was nautrally quite quiet while doing anything really so he was practially invisible while marking papers and drinking black coffee in the dark, he was at the 1A dorms for pure convinence incase anybody decided to die.

Spoiler alert: somebody decided to die.

He heard footstep creaking down the stairs and thought nothing of it, why should he? They were likely just going to get a glass of water.

They walked into the kitchen of the common room, they opened a cabinet and pulled something that sounded like pills out?

Aizawa grunted and lifted himself up, walking over to where they were, his footsteps making his prescense known to the person he was approaching.

Izuku immdiately slammed closed the cabinet he was looking in, which was the one with the pills and rat poison for Nedzu if he got a bit too annoying, he quickly skimmed over to  the cabinet with the glasses in it and anxiously started searching around in it for a suitable glass.

"Watchu doing?" He questioned, as casual as he could. His tone was tired and it was supported by the fact that he was making more coffee to drink. Something was very obviously up Izuku's sleeve (literally) and he was doing a shit job at hiding it.

"No- nothin'-" His voice was raspy and dry, he gulped literally nothing quickly and pulled out a glass. That was likely the first thing he'd said all week, which was sad.

He walked over to the sink and turned it on, the glass slowly filling up with cold tap water.

"What's up your sleeve kid?" He was trying to sound as relaxed as he humanly could though it contrasted with how panicked he really was.

A few small clatters followed by some quiet cursing came from where Izuku was filling up the glass. Aizawa abandoned his W.I.P coffee and walked over to Midoriya who was shakily picking up several things at once-- a knife, pills, rat poison and a spilling glass. His hands shakily attempted to try to pick them all up in a panic. Though it was a fail.

Aizawa wondered over, glancing into the sink then looking at Midoriya, both of them made eye contact. His eye were red and bloodshot, he looked like he hadn't slept since the bite of '83 and his eyebrows were scrunched up in worry.

Izuku's eyes helplessly shot between Aizawa and the sink, tears welling up in the brims of his eyes making his vision blurrier than it already was.

Then he fell.