The Engagement

Wilbur Soot x Y/n (GENDER NEUTRAL)

Key-

P/o- Preferred Outfit

F/c- favorite color

Y/n POV

"Hey Y/n, would you meet me in the backyard in 30 minutes?" My boyfriend otherwise known as Wilbur Soot asks taking off my headphones.

"Yeah, is something wrong?" I ask concerned.

"Nope! I just have a surprise for you!" He responds cheerfully. "Oh, and you might want to dress a little fancy." He says before kissing my cheek, and leaving my office, closing the door behind him.

I laugh to myself, and start finishing the project I was working on. I don't stream on Twitch or make any sort of social media content, besides my personal account. Instead I write. I'm a pretty well known author, with over 5 million copies sold of my most popular book, "Weeping Willows". I had started to write my next book, "This Dying Rose". I turned off my PC, and left going into mine and Wilbur's room. We've been dating for exactly 3 years today. We had planned on going out to dinner tonight to celebrate our 3 year anniversary. When I got into our room, I went into my closet, and grabbed p/o and quickly got ready. I made sure I looked nice, slipped on my shoes quickly, and made my way to the backyard. When I opened the sliding door, that leads to the patio in the backyard, I was faced with the most beautiful setup. It was our old empty gazebo, that was now full of life. Fairy lights decorating the pillars, and the roof, f/c tool lining the railing. The fairy lights gave the inside of the gazebo a nice warm light to it. The fact that the sun was setting, made it even better. Wilbur was sitting on a bench on the back railing inside of the gazebo, strumming his guitar gently. I sat down next to him, and smiled. He kindly smiled back, before peaking in a calm and quiet voice.

"Y/n...I know we planned on going out tonight to celebrate, but I really wanted it to just be us tonight, so I hope it's okay that I canceled our reservations."

"It's alright, I will never be upset about having time when it's just the both of us alone.." I say grabbing his hand, and holding it gently. He brings my hand up to his lips, and places a gentle kiss on the back of my hand.

"I want to sing a song for you." He says lightly blushing.

"Wil..."

~It's a beautiful night
We're looking for something dumb to do
Hey baby, I think I wanna marry you
Is it the look in your eyes
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares, baby? I think I wanna marry you~

My eyes went wide, as I slowly put the puzzle pieces together.

~Well, I know this little chapel on the boulevard,                                                                                                     we can go                                                                                                                                                                                   No one will know                                                                                                                                                                    Oh, come one, (pronouns)                                                                                                                                         Who cares if we're trashed? Got a pocket full of cash we can blow                                                                 Shots of patron                                                                                                                                                                         And it's on, (pronouns)~