Look Alive, Sunshine

Chapter 1

"Gerard," A deep voice barely whispered from behind him. He instinctively snapped his eyes shut and allow ed his red dyed hair to cover his eyes. His arms were chained behind his back, and his legs were bound together with rope; one at each front leg of the chair he had been placed into.

"Gerard, we need you to wake up now." A different voice this time. Female. This one he recognized. This one was none other than Ambrosia Platzman, leader of a tribe of "a very organized" clan of Vampires. "We, as a clan, are like a family," she would say in her chipper accent while flashing her dimples, "So, we must stick together like one should, and do what we must to get by."

Though he never remembered it, Ambrosia insisted on a very specific memory being real. "I remember the day I picked you up from your carriage. Your mother had left and you were so cute, I couldn't help myself." She would always giggle "And you grabbed at my curls as I ran with you. Your first word was 'sing', how cute!"

From then on, he's been an emergency food source to the Vampires. Of course, it never involved biting. It was always so professional. Every time, he would wake up bound to a chair and a little dizzy after someone needed to feed. It became a tradition to take him out for dinner at a restaurant afterwards as an apology, so he knew what was coming next.

"Come on Gerard, you need to wake up," She began to mumble, "God, thirty-seven years of this. You'd think he'd wake sooner..."

He kept my eyes shut and pretended to sleep some more. Maybe she'd go away and he would actually sleep. He would always get the worst headaches after they fed. Though sometimes the feeling would inspire him. Vampires Will Never Hurt You, so he wrote. This time, it seems Ambrosia brought someone along with her.

"Gerard, we have a proposition for you." he jerked his head up, opened his eyes, and stared directly at the strange man Ambrosia brought with her.

The stranger smirked and raised an eyebrow. "Thought you might respond to that" he stepped forward and began to speak.

"Here is our proposal. Should you refuse, there will be consequences. We want you-" Ambrosia elbowed the man,"Excuse me. I want you, with the approval of the clan, to become a full-time donor." The angered woman huffed and rolled her eyes. He shifted in my seat as best as he could. "No. I will not," he smiled "I hate doing it as it is now. So why would I want to 'donate' against my will full-time?"

"Because, Gerard," The stranger lifted his chin.

"We have your daughter."