Darkness

People say that sometimes bad things happen for a reason. There was no answer to the bad things that happened in our lives. But the worst part is to re-live it. To actually know that its there, always watching your every move;

Darkness encasing me. My entire being burning with pain and misery. I have no reason to live anymore. My life is the darkness. I have accepted that fact. I will now always be alone. Only myself to blame. Though confusing, the situation is dire for my way of thinking from now on. Voices....Why do I hear voices?.. Wasn't I supposed to be alone?.. By myself;..where I belong?

"How is she?" a shaken voice said. A familiar tone. Mother. She only used that voice within speaking with authority. I must be very deep in slumber, because I can hear them, yet I have not stirred at all.

Would that be so terrifying? If I never woke again, and slept peacefully; carefully tucked away while watching the world age from the sidelines.

"I'm afraid that specks of glass got into your daughters eye. She hit her head, and the brains muscle tissues were swollen. Her mental state is currently stable, but I wish I could say the same about her vision. As far as we know, she will be blind permanently. There is nothing that we could do. I'm terribly sorry."

I heard a series of footsteps and a door close. My mothers muffled cries were also heard. What does he mean? Am I awake now? Is my world encased in darkness forever.. now?

My mother must have notice me stir and rushed by my side. I felt a cool hand on my arm. "Honey, It's going to be alright." Her voice cracked. Lies. "You should stop lying to yourself before they send you to the crazy house. I guess it'll be alright, since you'll be meeting me there." I muffled; voice unreconizable.

"You know that's not true." she huffed. I heard the door open again. Another series of footsteps greeting my mothers.

"How's Cara doing?" said a small voice. It was familiar, but I couldn't quite put my finger on it.

"I'm so sorry about Stephanie, Carlene." my mother said softly. I heard her hand rub her back. Wait. Carlene?! That was Stephanie's mom!

"What happened?" I demand.

"Don't worry about it, sweetheart." mother says quietly.

"Maybe we should go into another room-"

"You guys know I'm just blind, right? I'm not deaf yet. What happened to Stephanie? I don't remember..anything."

"The doctor said that you might not remember well, dear."

I felt cool water on my face. What was this? Why was it cold? I felt a cool hand wipe the water away. I suddenly realized I was crying. Human emotions were seeping from my body and I hadn't realized it because I couldn't see.

And I never would see again.

Silent sobs and tears were shed. But I hadn't seen any of them. I hadn't seen anything.