No. 1 (VOLUME 1) Chapter I

Virtual || Reality - Gruesome State、 Flight

Meanwhile. . .
It was a bright night. The moon came to its full phase and brightened the city underneath it.

Stars were dotted and scattered around the moon.
Underneath that sky came a house that viewed as the only one who had dim lights.

On that room where dim lights can be seen, a boy named Krive was lying on his bed.

His eyes were blank as ever as he looks up to his bedroom's ceiling.
A PC that was the source of the dim light was located beside the bed where Oliver lay.

On the of where the monitor was set, a report card came to view that says '2nd Quarter Report Card'.
What made it more distinguishable was the double-digit number that was colored red: a 59 as a grade.

「Ugh...too many deadlines」muttered Krive to himself.

Though who cares, he thought to himself as he turns his body to face the computer.

Krive Haurs, was his full name. 16 years old and his height was 5'3.

He had an eventful life and that ceased when the pandemic came to happen.

New personalities were what Kurive gained.

Such as now. He had a knack of procrastinating and doesn't do his usual chores. No one would scold him for his way of life as he is currently living alone now that his last relatives died.

Those deaths were the reason to why he had been living like this, so it seems.

His heart had remained intact from the trauma he had experienced, but it was on the verge of letting go.

Annoyed by the dim light took the trouble to stand up and turn his computer off.

As he approaches the PC it had its browser opened with 13 tabs on the run. Mainly these were about manga and light novels that Oliver had read instead of doing schoolwork.

He saw his school report card and casted a hateful look to it、he took it only for it to be crumpled with hatred. Then he thew it at the trashcan.

This PC was on for countless days without turning it off. It was a surprise it didn't overheat、maybe it was because of the AC on his apartment.

He took contact with the mouse with a leaning posture to control the cursor to close the tabs.

1、2、3、4、5、6、7、8、9、10、11、12、then the last tab came to view.

He had a glimpse of its contents and it was somewhat a kind of form or survey.

He had answered this anonymous form already (he couldn't remember what kind of form was it).

He saw a submit button and hovered the mouse cursor and clicked it like he didn't care what it was.

With a sigh, he closed that tab after doing so. He then proceeds to shut it down for the first time.

He then decides to put out three bags full of trash plus another one which was still in the trash can.

Then he checks the time which was already 22:19. His stomach made a rumbling sound as id to tell that it is hungry. He decided to buy instant food after it.

He checks his unused blazer's pocket and took out some change and it seemed it was sufficient for food

He takes out the trashbag that was inside the trashcan and took the other three trashbags and sets out.

He locks the door when outside and went down the stairs while bringing those bags and pocket money.

He took a left turn to an alleyway where those bags would be dumped and collected by the garbage truck.