Chapter 3

Yeah, so none of the things that I mentioned that MIGHT happen in this chapter didn't work out. I tried and it was horrible. Anyway, here is Chapter three. ;] And I apologize for any spelling or grammar errors as I am writing this on my iPod again. -___________-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The end of the day was nearing, and with each step closer to 4th period, Emily was ready for school to be over. Suddenly, a strong arm pulled her into a cluttered and cramped Janitor's Closet. Emily felt frightened by this person's hostile action. She turned around to see who it was and it was Cody, with a grin on his face.

Emily rolled her brown eyes and asked him, "What do you want?"

"It's simple. You." He answered arrogantly, adding a wink to the last part.

Fed up, Emily looked him straight in the eye and said, "Sorry bud, but you're a player and you change girlfriends faster than you change your shirts."

Shock crossed Cody's face as he took her words in. He let out a frustrated sigh and ran a hand through his blonde hair.

"Okay, what I really wanted to ask you was if you'd be my fake girlfriend. Before you disagree, let me explain." Cody told her.

Emily listened to him as he rambled on about how his psycho ex, Adrianna the school slut, won't leave him alone even though they broke up. Adrianna was still acting as if their relationship never ended. She questioned his real motives, but Cody looked like he really needed the help. She'd feel bad if she didn't help him.

Even though it would probably be a bad idea, Emily agreed. Cody's eyes lit up and he hugged her as he thanked her. She was taken by surprise, Emily didn't feel creeped out as she had moments ago and in his arms she felt secure.

"Wait! What the heck am I thinking?!" She thought to herself.

Shortly after the hug, the dull sounding bell went off, signaling the start of 4th period.

"Shit! We should get to Mrs. Romans class soon, we're already late." Cody said.

Emily felt embarrassed and shy as he took her hand in his. On the way to their class, they saw Adrianna and she came right up to them.

"What the hell is this?!" she said gesturing to their intertwined hands.

"This is my girlfriend and we're over, Adrianna. We've been." Cody replied.

Adrianna retorted, "Oh yeah? I didn't think you'd go for this type, Cody. If you guys are really going out, prove it." She sneered.

Emily was stunned as he took her face into his hands and stared into her eyes lovingly.

"Curse those eyes of his!" Emily's mind exclaimed.

As his face drew near, she was disappointed her first kiss would be wasted on a loveless relationship. When Cody's face was an inch away, that's when she noticed Deven around the corner.