01: You left me

★・・・・・・★

"I don't like it," Erwin Stark scowled. "My younger sister is now older than me." She laced her high tops and brushed out her chestnut brown hair, her hair was so smooth and perfect, I hated it.
     "You were one year older than me," I scoffed. "It's not that dramatic."
   "Now your 4 years older than me!" Erwin mumbled. "Your like going into to collage and can legally drink now."
   I brighten up. Finally, something I could do that my sister couldn't. Thing was, I didn't like to drink. "The five years was crazy, I did miss you. And I got into collage a long time ago dumbass." I teased.
      "I'm sure you did," Erwin looked up, her eyes were so pretty, they hinted hazel while mine were plain blue.
    "I did! Who else wouldn't miss there sister who disappeared for 5 years," I frowned, I huffed under my breath, annoyed.
   "Your too self centered and full of pride to care for anyone but yourself;" Erwin looked at her.
   I stared at her, hurt. "That's not true.. I did everything for everyone else.." I told her.
    "You get it from dad," Erwin continued.
    I slammed my hand on the table, causing the cups on the table to shake. "Don't talk about him like that! He did change!"
    "Why are you two yelling?" Jada Hayes asked coming in.
   Jada had been my best friend since as long as I can remember, and also Julian's lover since the 8th grade. She was the pretty one and I even longed to be her. Her hair was a beautiful, dark and curly, and her eyes were a beautiful shade of brown.
  "We aren't yelling, we are having a sisterly conversation," Irene retorted, beaming.  
   "If that's a sisterly conversation then I don't wanna be part of it," Jada chuckled, grabbing a cup of water and looked at it for a moment before sipping it.
  "They're always fighting," a blonde haired boy came in, his roots were dark as his eyes were an icey blue, anyone could get lost in those eyes.
"Julian!" Jada gasped and hugged him.
"Why are you touching me?" He frowned.
"Because I love you," Jada beamed as she made a disgusted face. "When was the last time you washed this sweater?"
Julian looked away, embarrassed. "It's not the sweater."
"Oh, you should shower Juju," she ruffled his fluffy, even oily hair.
"Juju-" Julian raised an eyebrow.
"Yep! That's what I'm calling you from now on," she hugged his arm, despite his complaints.
"Julian, you are something," Erwin commented and left the room.
I huffed annoyed. "She's still little miss perfect." I clenched my nails into my palm. "I can't do anything right compared to her! It's impossible for me!"
"Relax Rene, you have plenty of other things you can do that she can't," she pointed out.
"Yeah like complaining," Julian piped in and Jada elbowed him. "Just joking."
"You can build cool suits and she can't, your funny and she's not, your smart-" she started.
"Let me stop you right there, I barely passed school, and I'm barely passing college right now, I'm NOT smart, so what? I can build suits, doesn't mean I'm smart." I shook my head, angry, at myself.
"You're smarter than Jada," Julian shrugged.
Jada glared and looked as if she would hit him. "Your not helping."
"But aside from all that, how are you two?" I asked, desperately trying to change the subject.
"I watched an hour of Julian playing tag with Nora, literally the best hour of my life," Jada snickered. "Even with speed he can't catch a kid."
"That kid has portals," Julian pointed out. "I'd like to see you try."
"You guys apply for collages yet? Those were a hassle for me," I asked, tucking my light brown hair behind my ear.
"I'm not going," Julian shook his head. "If I have to do one more year of school I may actually kill myself."
"Julian Maximoff!" Jada scolded smacking him.
"Can't you guys take a joke?" He exclaimed.
"It's not funny," Jada whispered, looking down, then she left.
"Julian," I whined. "You just had to scare her off!" I pushed him, playfully.
"This is why I don't joke," Julian mumbled. Julian was boring, like the most boring person I've ever met, although the almost gets himself killed every week, by accident of course. Although sometimes I feel like he enjoys the pain. He couldn't and didn't know how to make jokes and he knew it, although he still tried. I found his dry humor hilarious.
"I've got to get to class; I'll see you," I sighed. I was in collage at Columbia University. I hated going. I hated it. Not because I didn't like school, it was because he went there.
    Cal Williams.