The Hunter

A/N: Hi guys. I have combined the Episodes The Light and The Hunter together as it worked with the idea I had for these chapters. Hope you all enjoy my take on the two.

"What up Maddie?" Novi asked coming up to the teen. She had noticed that Maddie had been quiet most of the day and it was clear something was bothering her. Chip and Xander had noticed the same.

"Yeah, you've been quiet all day," said Xander as he and Chip join the two girls in the kitchen.

"It's nothing..." Maddie started. "It's just...I...I guess I'm a little sad, that's all."

Novi stared at her prompting her to continue. Maddie heaved a sigh before she spoke again.

"I know I'm a power ranger but come on...you are the ones who really...you know lit it up. I don't really feel like I do my share,"

"Maddie, that is ridiculous. You are just as much a part of this team as anyone else," Xander scolded gently.

"Thanks, but um...let's get real here," said Maddie scrunching up her face. "Nick did the Catastros thing, Xander, you get all the spell codes, Chip figured out Vida was a vampire, Novi you have that 'spirit of the wolf' power, and Vida kicks butt and I..." she trailed off swaying from side to side as the others remained quiet.

"What about Jenji? You helped Jenji," offered Chip.

"As a friend, not a superhero," said Maddie. The four when quiet again before Maddie spoke up again. "Oh, I did do something special. I got turned into a stone statue and everyone had to come save me."

When no one else could come up with a special thing she had done Maddie sighed and walked away from the trio.

"Well, I think we cheered her up," said Chip giving Xander a high five. He turned holding a hand up to Novi, but she scoffed and walked away.

"No luck," said Novi as she passed Vida.

"Oh, who are you guys?" Toby asked spotting the four of them as they enter the main floor of the shop. "Do you know what happened to my employees?"

The four teens looked at each other confused.

"We're right here, boss," said Xander.

"Uh No. I mean the ones who are never here for more than an hour without running off and not telling me where they are going," said Toby.

"Oh sarcasm. Well, there is a simple explanation for that," said Xander. Toby looked at him expectantly. "Vida?" said Xander unable to come up with anything.

"Uh, we like to go on...uh Chip," said Vida.

"Well, its simple boss, we are the power rangers, and we have to go fight the bad guys," said Chip.

Novi choked and glared at Chip unable to comprehend what had possessed him to tell Toby. Udonna had told them the importance of keeping their identities as the rangers a secret and Chip just blurted it out to Toby. Novi was about to hit Chip when Toby grinned.

"Huh yeah right, you're the power rangers, that's good," said Toby with a laugh as he headed back in the office. "Power rangers..." he chuckled to himself as the door swung closed.

Once he was gone both Novi and Vida turned to Chip and glared at him.

"The truth is always the hardest to believe," he simply told them.

Novi shook her head as she walked back to the front of the store.

~~~xXx~~~

The next day Udonna summoned all of them to Rootcore for some kind of meeting. As they waited for her to appear, they discussed amongst themselves what to meeting could be about.