Chapter fifteen

The next two weeks are spent convincing Charlie and Sue that I'm fine, that I am in fact not relapsing to any 'delinquent' behaviour as Bella would probably call it, and that I just wanted to go camping with my friends after a hard breakup.

Dumbest fucking lie ever, but who the fuck am I?

I have also been avoiding the Cullen's like the plague. I knew eventually I would have to explain everything, but I would do anything to delay that conversation for as long a humanly possible.

In the meantime, I have been binge watching love island and Geordie shore trying my hardest to ignore the incessant flashbacks to memories of William and I watching these trashy shows and laughing at the drunk idiots.

A loud knock sounds through the house on Sunday afternoon drawing me away from my laptop playing obnoxious club music as 10 idiots get absolutely mortal.

Looking down at my bike shorts and oversized jumper I decide I am presentable for whoever is at the door and make my way downstairs. Opening the door, I immediately want to slam it closed and hide under my bed, but we persevere.

"Hi Bella

"Hi Bella." Maybe she's here for some sugar? Good ol' neighbourly love and all.

"It's time you give us some answers Ocean."

"I was afraid you might say that. Alright, let me get my keys." And that is how I found myself on Sunday afternoon, the lords day, in a kitchen full of vampires that don't eat.

Seriously why bother.

"Okay, so what do you want to know?"

"Everything." Vague, but okay.

"Okay here we go I guess. When I was 5 I died for the first time. I drowned in the bath after the house supervisor of the group home I was living in forgot to let the water out. That was the first time I met death. They helped me get back to the living realm."

"The first time?"

"Death?" both Edward and Thomas sound off at the same time. This is going to take a fucking while.

"Now to answer any questions about realms, just imagine it like layers. We're in the living realm, but there is another layer over what we know, and that is the realm of death. Everyone goes there when they die, they either stay there with unfinished business or they move on, and begin another life as a different living thing on another plane, okay?" I am answered with confused and impatient stares.

"I'll take that as a yes. Anyway, death took a liking to me and allowed me to continue living as the same person. Before I was 10 I had died 13 more times and death had named me its master. That means if I want someone to die, it happens; I am truly immortal, I can bend the rules of life and death to my will and I can travel across the realm of death without dying.

Any questions?" I ask somewhat sarcastically.

"Why did death name you its master?" smart question from Thomas.