Home

The month that followed Scarlett's miraculous waking went by slowly. Every day it was the same thing. Wake up early, have some tests run on her, sit in the bed for a few hours, watch a little bit of TV, more tests, then back to bed. It seemed to her that it couldn't get any more boring than that but she was wrong.

About a week before release, they had allowed to her get up and wander around the hospital to strengthen her body a bit. She had tried to leave then and there so they had stuck her back into her room. She was still able to get up and wander about her room, but they had placed a burly man at her door to keep her inside just incase she decided to make a failing attempt at leaving again before her release date.

It seemed like she had been stuck in the room for years until a nurse finally came in with some clothes for her. Scarlett quickly put them on and followed her out of the room, knowing that she was finally going to be released.

It only took a few moments to fill out the forms before she was escorted to the exit. As soon as she was outside she began to find her way home. She knew exactly where she was but it would be at least an hour walk back to her home, and that was if she didn't make an accidental wrong turn.

Scarlett managed to make it home just before sunset but her parents weren't home. She figured they were off somewhere for work or just avoiding her. Luckily though, there was a maid there that had worked in their house for
years.

Her name was Anna and as soon as she spotted Scarlett out the window she ran out and enveloped Scarlett in a hug. "Your home!" The elder woman said happily as Scarlett hugged her back. "That's right, I'm home." Scarlett grinned. "And I'm starving for your cooking." She laughed softly. Anna laughed with her and took her inside.

An hour later, Scarlett was curled up in her bed with her phone, texting all her friends to tell them a shortened version of her accident. When she had turned on her phone, she'd had over 200 messages asking where she was or other things like that. Turned out, none of them had heard about it until now.

She sighed and smiled slightly, putting her phone down. She curled up in her bed and quickly fell asleep in the familiar cushion of the bed. Her life would soon be back to normal...or would it?