Preparations

Beams of sunlight seeping through Y/N's curtains woke her from her sleep. Groggy, she squinted her eyes and checked the time. It was six in the morning, earlier than she'd set her alarm for. She supposed she wasn't used to the morning light. After stumbling out of bed, she made her way to her window seat and pulled back her curtains. The mountains were breathtaking in the sunrise—she'd never seen a view like it before.

Memories of the day and night before came flooding back to her. Michael Jackson lived in her neighbourhood and had somehow befriended her. Then she remembered: she was invited to his interview. Anxiety filled her chest and throat, and she suddenly wished she was asleep again, unconscious of her newfound feelings.

But there was nothing she could do about them now.

She was falling madly in love with Michael Jackson.

*

After picking out a casual brown dress from her box of unpacked clothes, Y/N took a shower in her new en-suite and got herself ready. She'd never had her own bathroom before, as multiple bathrooms in one home weren't so popular in England.

Once she had returned to her bedroom, her mother poked her head in, and upon seeing that Y/N was awake, she stepped inside.

"Where are you off to, then, early bird?" Patricia asked.

Y/N felt her face flush red, thinking of Michael. "Um...exploring LA."

"All right, well, you be careful! Your dad's gone to work and I'm carrying on decking out the house out today. I'll see you later, hon, have a lovely time!"

"Thanks, mum, see you," said Y/N, and when Patricia closed the door, she breathed a sigh of relief. She almost expected her mother to sense what she'd been up to during the night, but she seemed to be in the clear.

A buzz sounded from Y/N's mobile phone on the windowsill. Sickening anxiety filled her chest again, and she felt a little queasy.

Michael excited her, but perhaps a little too much. He made her nervous that what they had between them would go wrong, afraid to mess up something so perfect. Butterflies were fun in moderation, but not to the extent where she felt like jelly.

A million thoughts racing through her mind, she picked up her mobile and answered an incoming call. On the other line, Michael said, "Hi, Y/N, I hope you slept well! Keep a look out, I'll be round soon."

***

Please leave a vote and a comment if you enjoyed this chapter! Everyone who takes the time to give my story a chance is greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for reading!