PART 2

We were out the house walking through town, well it was more of a village. Old traditional Japanese houses, some were falling apart, some were burnt down, dirt roads, houses soon to be taken away by debt collectors.

Like our house.

As we were approaching our school,when Imani started crying and throwing a fit and people were staring at us, with visible discomfort and concern, honestly it was embarrassing having to calm her down, kicking and crying. The babies haven't had food yet. It's because, at school they provide us with basic baby food and formula, for free of course.

" Hello there big gut, seems your having a bit of trouble with the kids, today. " It was grampa Hitoshi, he had grey hair, almost bold, a cane in his hands and slight muscle from work he was turning 67 that year, he and my dad worked together in a small construction company here in town, he was a nice old man to say the least. I considered him family even if he called us weird names.

" Chako - chip can't you quiet her down? we're getting weird stares. "

"Ahhh, yes sorry, I was thinking. Shhh we're almost there Imani. " I said, rocking her in my arms as we rushed to school

Our school was long in length, and was made of brick and had a wide field, a shed at the back and a few people were coming in. Khali started running ahead with Asahi, all the while Anh was warning her not to fall or trip.

" Honestly those two, have so much energy so early in the morning it's amazing

" Honestly those two, have so much energy so early in the morning it's amazing. " Dad said looking at Anh lecturing Khali on being safer when holding a child.

" Listen, ochako I'll be coming home first before coming to get you, will you guys be okay?"

" I promise I'll look after everyone and make sure we will all be safe,and you will have a good day at work, yes?"

" Of course I will sweetheart, you know you don't have to worry about all of us, all on your own? What you do for your mom and me makes me really happy. " He bent down to my height petting my head with a look in his eyes, a certain look that I hated to see.

" I know papa. "

" Good now run, before Anh kills your sister with that stick over there."

" Aaaaahhh, Anh stop that now!!!" I said running towards them holding Imani as carefully as I could, papa waving good bye.

It was now late at night. Papa promised he would be back,so why was he not here yet, even the teachers were leaving. Should I just walk home without him the kids were getting hungry and needed to do their homework,Imani was getting fussy, Asahi was crying, and Chiana needed a diaper change.

" Can we please go home now, I'm tired and we've been here for over an hour the teachers are starting to leave as well. ", Khali said while holding onto Asahi, trying to calm him down, staring into my eyes.