Chapter 5

Previously...

I was about ready to hang up, but there was still a question on my mind. "Do you know why he wants to see me? I mean, can't he just call me himself?"

"No, he said he wanted to talk face to face. Whatever it is," she pauses, "it must be important. Or maybe he just really likes you."

"I'm going to go with the first option."

"Crowley never talks to his workers face to face unless the situation is dire."

"I'm not one of his workers."

"Darling, you are now." I think that she's hung up or I've dropped the call once there's nothing but silence on the other end. Then she says, "Crowley will be waiting for you."

Then the line goes dead.

Now...

We head to a motel a little ways away, and I'm the first to hit the shower. Yesterday's events still fresh in my mind, I know that I can't just take off. Sam and Dean asked questions about my phone call with Violet, but I tried as best as I could to avoid all of them. Eventually, they gave up on trying to get answers.

I get out of the shower and stand there for a few moments, taking my time so as to avoid Sam and Dean more. I'm bracing for another round of questions; they still haven't asked me why I was thinking about leaving. I wouldn't be able to give them an answer if they did decide to ask me. I don't have any answers to anything now.

My dreams are coming back, my cravings are getting stronger, and I feel myself slipping farther and farther from humanity. I don't want to be a demon; I don't want to be human. It would make my life easier if I had answers. But it would make my life even more easier if I merely didn't exist.

I let out a sigh as I wrap the towel around my body, and lean over the sink. I look up at the mirror and see myself. I have a small scar on my upper lip from falling out of a tree when I was younger, and another scar on the lower area of my jaw from getting injured on a hunt when I first started out. They aren't very noticeable now, but I know that they're there.

There's a knock on the door. "What?" I ask.

"Dean is out cold," Sam's voice comes from the other side, "Wanna go grab something to eat?"

I go ahead and open the door, and Sam's eyes widen. So I, in turn, roll my eyes at him. "You've seen me in less than this," I tell him with a smirk.

His cheeks flush and I let out a giggle.

"Give me a second to get dressed and I'll be out there. You can go ahead and get the car started." I push on Sam's chest and he stumbles backwards. I push the door closed and turn back around to the mirror. I put on my clothes and walk out, only to find Sam pacing around the motel kitchen.

"Hey," I call out to him.

He doesn't answer. He messes with his hand a little.

"Sam," I call out, this time a little louder.

Still no answer. Hallucination.

I slowly walk towards him, and he doesn't notice me. My fingers run over his palm, and he covers my hand with his other hand. He looks up at me, and I meet his eyes. I can see his pain and his fear.

"Let's go get that food, okay?" I say softly.

Sam clasps my hand and brings it to his mouth, pressing his lips to the back of it. He smiles at me.

I slip my hand out of his grasp and wrap my arms around him in a tight hug. "Ugh," I grunt, "I worry about you, you big, old goof."

Sam chuckles softly and says nothing.