chapter 2

"what do you mean you know just the one?" i asked, perplexed, "who are you talking about?"

"Remember when we lived at Russo Manor, and our neighbours were the Romano family?"

"OH GOD PLEASE NO-"

"I've invited their family to tomorrows annual family brunch, where i will formally invite them and you will ask him to be your date. Understood?"

"NOOO pleaseee Lucia i'll do anything, pleaseee don't make me go with him, i cant do it pleaseeee."

"Oh hush Nat, i don't see what the problem is, he's an attractive, young, rich man"

"you forgot snobby, disgusting and player" i whined "he's a walking sex machine, oh good lord what if he gives me STD's?" i slammed my forehead and dramatically fell to the ground.

"seriously Nat, STD's?" she raised her perfectly threaded eyebrows at me, "just don't have sex with him and your all good, unless you can't resist his smoking hot abs and his sharp jawlin-"

"STOP IT! STOP IT NOW"

She started laughing and i just stared at her whilst tears started to run down her cheeks.

"SHUT UP" I scoffed

Ugh the audacity. When she finally calmed down i stared at her, oh i stared at her long and hard and thought about all of the things i would do to her once this was over, i was going to rip her lashes of; draw a dick on her veil and-

"Heloooo earth to Nat, unless you've already started thinking about how his stubble will feel against your cheek-"

"i swear to god Lucia" i rolled my eyes as she smirked at me.

"in all seriousness though i really want this wedding to be perfect Nat."

i grunted, crossed my arms and faced the window in dispute.

"Look it's not like i'm asking you to marry him, all i'm asking is for you to come to my wedding with him, be the best Maid of honour ever, don't get too drunk, be nice to him and walk down the isle with him, that's literally it i expect nothing more or nothing less " she explained.

Slowly i moved my head to look at her and saw how sincere she was. I saw how much this would mean to her and-

"you don't know how much this'll mean to me Nat"

Yes i do bitch i was literally just thinking about it.

"I'll do it" i finalised

"Nat pleas- wait what?"

"what have you suddenly gone deaf? i said i'll do it" and with that and a roll of my eyes i left the room and it wasn't long until i heard shrieks of happiness followed by Lucia's stupid triumph song. it really pissed me of but i couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips.

I headed to the dining room and sat down to eat the dinner that i had kept everyone from eating because of my sudden bus rendezvous. whoops. Father held his hand out to Mark who held Lucia who held mine, then i who held Jas's and Jas who held Asher's and Asher who held my other brother Angelo who held my OTHER brother Damien who then connected the loop and held fathers hand, and then we all said grace. Oh and Arabella and Archie were on the floor having already eaten their food.

The next morning was a fluster, it was the day of the annual family brunch were we invite the Romano's, more as a business prospect but also in means to catch up, to the Russo Manor. Every year a new wave of anxiety overcomes me because of father. Going back to Russo Manor is hard for us all because it holds the memories and the love of Ma which we left behind after she passed. Nevertheless it holds the happy and joyous memories that we had together as a family and outweighs the sad ones.

Groggily i got up and made my way to the bathroom. After i finished my business i headed down to the kitchen were the maid was setting the table and everyone was gathered around.

"Auntie aliaaa" arabella's chipper voice echoed throughout the kitchen.

"hey babeee" i sang "whatcha eating?"

"ancakeeee" she shrieked as i laughed

"You mean pancakes?" she nodded her head as i saw father reading a newspaper with Archie on his lap.

"Hey papa" i said as i wrapped my arms around his neck and gave him a kiss on the cheek.

"hey Nat, nice of you to finally join us" he chuckled, "i heard you were going to ask one of the Romano boys to your sisters wedding"

"ughhh yess Lucia is forcing me, something about this being the best wedding ever i dunno i wasn't listening" i mocked whilst papa laughed.

"it is going to be the best wedding ever, you promised me nat" whined Lucia

"yes, yes whatever" i dismissed her just as quick as she BUTTED into my conversation.

"papa you are alright with going to Russo Manor right?"

"yes of-course mi amor"

"ok good but if you need anything you know were i am" i smiled and made my way back to my room to get ready to meet the devils spawn.

Axel Romano