chapter 3

~Axel's POV~

"But father the share holders are refusing to comply" i reasoned.

"You'll be running this company soon, you fix it. Convince them to sell you their shares."

"Both me and Matt have tried papa, not only are they refusing to sell their shares, they filed an investigation report. Something about our accountant finding several investments in weaponry shipments from Italy on our account books."

Slowly he turned in his chair to face me, giving me a wide view of the scar that runs across the left side of his face through his eyebrow. A natural reminder of the dangers our lives hold.

"figlio (son), listen, by now you obviously know that our business is just a cover up for the weapon and drug cartel we own. The Sicilian US Mafia. We co-own the biggest mafia cartel in the US and Italy. Now I'm going to retire soon and from the Romano end of the ownership I'll be leaving you in charge and if you can't fix a simple mistake of account books and shareholders, then i think i may be making a mistake."

"i understand that but th-"

"Am i making a mistake Axel?" his eyebrows lifted in question leaving me to sigh.

"No papa"

"good, so fix it."

i left his office in despair, how the hell am i supposed to convince a group of old white males to sell me their shares of the company?

"Well you look like hell" Matteo smirked

"shut up and help me convince Stan and his board-members to sell us their shares"

"ha! we both know that's never gonna happen. looooll your in some deep shit man. How the hell are you gonna get out of this one?"

Stupid bitch just had to be born after me, whatever, i'll find a solution eventually even if it means killing all of those bald board-members.

i was deep in though when Ma called us down to eat. The maid's were still setting up the table when i arrived so i took a seat next to Adelina.

"hey Ad how's school going?"

"ugh school's a shithole man, Stefan still hasn't asked me to prom, like why the fuck is he taking so long it's not like he's gonna go with someone else. But if he is can i borrow your gun to kill him please?" i laughed as she huffed all of that out and batted her eyelashes at me.

"Guns, killing, swearing look what you've done to the children" Ma scolded

My father shrugged, "they were born into this life Marina, you knew the consequences"

Ma scoffed and then continued to rant on about some brunch thing tomorrow saying that we all must go, blah blah blah. But all i could think about was the blonde i had yesterday night, the way her hips moved at my pace, her blonde locks cascading to her waist, her moans that echoed in my roo-

"AXEL! AXELLL! are even listening to me figlio?" questioned Ma.

"yh yh lunch tomorrow and we must all be there. Got it." i answered, absentmindedly.

"who's the lunch with Ax?" Mat teased

"shut up stupido (stupid)"

"See Ma ever since he had that girl round he's been-"

"GIRLL?? WHAT GIRL? SPORCO BASTARDO! (dirty bastard)"

"Nothing Ma, there's no one" i gritted my teeth as i looked at Mat's stupid grin. i'm gonna kill that bastard with the same gun Adelina will use to kill that one donny Salvatore or smth.

"There better not be Ax, i told you, you will be Natalia's date to her sisters wedding next week."

"WHAT?!?! you never mentioned that. You said lunch tomorrow. That's it." i reasoned.

"what's wrong with being Nat's date next week?" Adelina smirked and then did something terrible with her eyes.

"what the fuck is wrong with your eyes?" i asked annoyance lacing my voice.

"i was winking" she scoffed.

i snorted out loud with Mat laughing alongside me. "yh whatever you say"

"Ma i can't be Nat's date next week. can't i bring my own date? why do i have to go with her? besides" i scoffed, "she'll never agree to it"

"Firstly, you cannot bring your own puttana (whore) you've brought enough of those to our house already" she muttered, " secondly you will go with her because i said so and lastly, fijlio, she's already agreed to it" she finished with her trophy smile.

"She has?" disbelief aided my tone, Nat would never agree to be even six feet from me let alone be my date to an event. She must be on some crack.

~the next day~

I stepped out of the shower, beads of water running down my bare chest. i ran a hand through my hair spotting an ironed tuxedo alongside a note sitting on my made bed, it read:

Get ready. we're leaving in 30 mins.

I put on the dark blue tuxedo, put on my watch and shoved a 9mm Glock into the waist band of my pants. With the final brush of my hair i grabbed the keys to my Aventador and made my way down the stairs. At the bottom of the staircase stood my mother fixing out my dads tux, whilst my sister cooed and took photos.

"I'm ready" I announced and all heads turned to look at me. "Where's Matteo?"

"Oh he went to go find his car keys" replied Adelina

"Oh ok, so then who's riding with me?" i asked fixing the strap on my watch.

When silence replied i slowly turned my head to look at them.

"i said who's riding with me?"

"Maybe when i'm having suicidal thoughts ill ride with you Ax, but right now im tryna live till i lose my v-card" i stared at Adelina mouth agape as she snorted and walked away. she was soon followed by the low rumble of fathers laughter and the shrill sound of Ma's. They too walked away leaving me to stand there by myself.

"LOOOOLLL!!!" and in one swift moment Mat swung of the staircase and patted me on the shoulder.

"it's ok bro, i too will ride with you when i have suicidal thoughts." he mocked and walked out.

"Hurry up Axel we're gonna be late"

And with a roll of my eyes i left, although i couldn't help the smile that tugged at my lips.