-10-

When Taehyung walked into the Hufflepuff common room, Hoseok was clutching a piece of parchment in one hand and hurriedly putting books into his bag with the other. Taehyung stood stiff, not knowing what to say. Hoseok looked up, saw him and immediately grabbed his things and rushed past him. Taehyung, confused at his actions, ran after him. But when he got outside the common room, He had disappeared.

All he had left behind was the parchment, rolled up on the floor.

Taehyung kept hold of the parchment in his own bag all day. He had almost forgotten about it until he brushed it with his fingers when looking for a spare pen during potions. He saved a mental note that he had to give it back to Hoseok later. 

That evening when they were all laid out on the grass (except for Jungkook, who was training for quidditch.) Taehyung thought about bringing up what had happened that morning. He dismissed it however as he just knew that they wouldn't approve of him trying to follow or speak to Hoseok.

"Yoon," Spoke up Jin "Why don't you practise for quidditch much?"

"It's not Slytherin playing tomorrow" Yoongi replied.

"I know, I mean just in general. You never practise much." 

"I have better things to focus on, like my grades. Besides, I'm just not usually in the mood for it"

If Yoongi was being honest, he would say he was struggling. He was so stressed that he couldn't even talk to animals at the moment. He just had a feeling that something was wrong and it constantly set him on edge. Maybe Hoseok was right, maybe Jungkook was struggling too. He was training so much for quidditch nowadays that they barely ever saw him.

When the others went up to their dorms, Yoongi walked down to the quidditch ground. Jungkook was just pulling his shirt over his head when Yoongi walked into the Gryffindor tent and said hi. Jungkook jumped at the sound of his voice.

"Hyung...help please, its stuck on my head." Jungkook squeaked.

When Jungkook was back in his regular uniform, they both sat on the bench in the middle of the tent.

"So, you came to see me," Jungkook said "what for?"

"Are you...okay, Kook?" asked Yoongi.

"Yeah, sure I'm fine."

"Are you sure?"

"I...I don't know hyung."

"Are you overworking yourself?"

"Probably, but I have a game against Hufflepuff tomorrow. I can maybe have another chance to speak to Hoseok."

"Is this what its all about? Hoseok?"

"Yeah I guess. I just...want to speak to him. Have I done something wrong? He always runs away but he looks sorry when he does."

"Well, there's something you should know ab-"

"Hyung I haven't really got time, I need to sleep."

And with that, he walked out of the tent and ran back to the main building.

.

.>>time skip>>

.

The next day, Jungkook tried his hardest during quidditch. He focused in on the snitch's every move. Hufflepuff were beating them at 100:40 but Jungkook stayed calm as the snitch was worth 150 points. While he was quickly adding up how many points they'd have if he caught it now, the snitch disappeared from his sight. "This is the end of the match, its over," he thought "Hoseok has insanely fast reflexes when he sees the snitch, he's gonna get it."

But when Jungkook caught sight of the snitch again and no Hoseok chasing it, he was surprised. Looking all around the pitch, he realised Hoseok wasn't there. They had replaced him with someone else who obviously wasn't as fast as him. Jungkook saw his chance open up again and shot forwards toward the snitch. He dodged a bludger flying his way and ducked so that his own teammates' legs didn't kick him as they tried to fly over. This was what he loved about quidditch, the thrill and excitement, the chaos and the joy. he outstretched his gloved hand for the snitch but heard the Hufflepuff seeker behind him. He quickly swung around his own broom to avoid being pushed and swooped his hand behind him to grab the snitch. As soon as his hand touched the cold metal ball he sighed in relief and flew up higher to the stands, going round the pitch in a victory lap as the score changed to Hufflepuff 100, Gryffindor 190.

The afterglow wore off pretty fast though when he was getting changed in the tents. He heard murmuring in the next tent.

"Yeah, Jeon's talented but we would have had a better shot against him if we had Hoseok still."

"Why did he even end up quitting?"

"No idea, he didn't seem like he had a choice."

Jungkook had no idea either, why was he still avoiding him?

{A/N: Hi guys the story got a lil more juicy, thanks for reading. I also might work on some previous chapters as I'm not really happy with how they came out <3}