Opinion: Ukraine is the new Kusovo

I recently saw on TV that Serbia had a pro-russian rally. Where they wanted to help Russia. The whole time all I could think was they deserved what happened in Kusovo. NATO bombing Kusovo and killing thousands of Serbs is what they deserved.

Ofcourse I was mad and upset and I recognize that. However, the point still stands that Serbians are supporting Russia because Russia supported them in the Kusovo Conflict.

I often here Serbians talk about the horror of Kusovo and how Russia saved them from death and pain. So they support Russia. However, What Russia is doing now to Ukraine is what NATO did to the Serbs in Kusovo. Thats what the Serbs have chosen to support and thats what's so sickening to me.

The Kusovo Conflictbwas not so long ago. It is still fresh in the Serbs minds and when they turn on the TV and here about the massacre that Russia carried out in Bucha they think "I support Russia they have saved us and therefore regardless of what they do now, they have our support"

You would think that instead they of all people would notice that what Russia is doing in Ukraine is just as bad if not worst, according to casualties, than what NATO did to Kusovo. Sadly they don't think like this.

I wish I could understand the Irony how just how can the Serbs who have seen death, who have had their cities destroyed, who had to hide in fear, who had to see the streets riddled with corpses still support Russia despite the fact that Russia is committing atrocities in Ukraine.

There is a time where one must realize that at one point in time a friend can do you good but if at another point in time a friend does the very thing it protected you from to another person they are just as responsible and vile as the person who hurt you.

It's beyond me and I really wish I understood why they still support Russia despite all of this.