Chapter 3: What Are Brothers For?

"Trent!" I yelled, sitting on my bed, right after Drew left. "what! What happened? Did Drew do something to you? I'll make him cry!" he grunted holding his hands in a fist as he ran into my room. I sat there silently trying to hold in my laughter but after three seconds I had a laugh attack. "no nothings wrong geesh!" I giggled, "I was just wondering where dad is," I said.

My parents are divorced, my dad caught my mom cheating so... she left us when I was seven. Even though I stood by the bottom of the staircase crying, begging her not to leave she did it anyways, she didn't even look at me.

"uh... the thing is..." Trent said awkwardly sitting next to me. I starred at him with worry. "Dad left, and he isn't coming back..." he said. "what? Why?" I said, I could feel the tears pounding in the back of my head, my mom leaving was good enough, now my dad is leaving us too? "because I dropped out of collage," Trent said. My eyes widened, "why?!" I said throwing my arms in the air. "Mom and Dad saved up all the money for you to go to collage and you threw it all down the drain," I said feeling disappointed. "I don't want to be a surgeon!" he said, "I want to be song writer," he continued. I couldn't blame him though, my dad puts a lot of pressure on Trent and expects him to be a perfect child, my dad has always talked about Trent being a surgeon ever since Trent could crawl. Besides, Trent had a beautiful voice anyway! He should follow his dreams. Trent should have told him he didn't want to be a surgeon so he could use the collage money for me! "Dad said I was disappointment, he said I was worthless," Trent said. I shook my head, my dad is so sensitive over nothing, how much more crazy can he get?

"so he left us? Just because you didn't want to be a surgeon? Because you dropped out of collage?" I wined, I loved my dad because he was the only parent that ever truly loved me. My mom never loved me, if she did she wouldn't have ditched our family. My mom was never true parent, she didn't raise me, my dad did, and I loved him for that. But now he left me and my brother only over something stupid... I wanted to cry till my eyes turned blood shot red! "It's okay," Trent said wrapping his arm around my shoulder, and I rested my head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry," he continued, as I cried.

***

Next thing I knew I was asleep in my bed and woke up to the sound of footsteps in the hallway, it was 1:30 in the morning why would Trent be awake? I stepped out of bed and tiptoed into the hallway. And by my surprise it wasn't Trent, it was my dad, his back facing me with an empty beer bottle in his hand as he entered Trent's bedroom. What the hell was he doing here?

"Dad? Dad what are you doing? No stop!" I heard Trent yell, I quickly ran into my brothers room only to find my dad smash the beer bottle into Trent's arm. "Dad!" I yelled, he snapped his head around to look at me, his eyes were watery and red, was he drunk? "What the hell are you doing?" I growled. "This is what your dumb ass brother gets for dropping out of collage," he snarled, "but dad thats so fucked up! You don't have to beat the shit out of him!" I yelled, he slapped me, "don't you dare swear at me heather!" he shouted. His slap rang through my skin and it stung, I held my cheek where he slapped it, my jaw dropped, he had never in a million years hit me before, I cried slowly letting the tears roll down my cheeks. He walked right past me as if nothing had happened. Once exited the room I followed him to make sure he left, once he did I locked the front and back door.

I ran into my bathroom looking for the first aid kit, once I did I quickly ran into my brothers room. Glass was shattered all over the floor and Trent had three cuts under his shoulder on his arm. I carefully made my way past the glass, and sat next to him. I dabbed a wet cloth on his cut and covered it with band aids. "ouch," he muttered, "are you okay?" I asked concerned. "yah I'm fine, thanks," he said kissing my for head, he wiped my tears with his thumb. I smiled slightly and hugged him tightly.

***

I woke up to the sound of Trent's phone alarm going off, apparently I fell asleep right next to him. I rolled over on my side and tried to go back to sleep not caring if it was a school day. A pair of hands shook my shoulders, I heard a faint voice that said, "don't make me get the water bucket...". My eyes widened and I sat up immediately , "You wouldn't," I said sternly glaring at Trent. A smugly smile spread across his lips, "oh yes I would,".

What's the water bucket you ask? If I was too lazy to wake up for school Trent would use the hose to fill a bucket with cold water, then he would dump it on me to wake me up. It's horrifying! "okay fine I'm up!" I threw my hands in the air for surrender.

He chuckled, and was about to exit his bedroom when he turned around and starred at me, I was still sitting in bed. "you coming down stairs for breakfast or what?" he asked raising his eye brows. I threw on a childish smile and put my hands in the air like I was reaching out for him, "carry me," I said sounding like a toddler. He rolled his eyes and he approached the bed, and lifted me onto his back, yay! I love piggy back rides! "Go Horsey Go!" I yelled, he chuckled.

I sounded like a baby I know, don't judge! But hey, what are brothers for??

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this chapter wasn't too boring! I just wanted you guys the get a feel for Heathers brother and her dad! Comment any suggestions you have for the story! Don't forget to vote!

Goal of votes: 10?

Next update: I dunno sometime soon! No later than a week :P