Chapter 29: The Impression

After a long conversation about their future, Tayla and Rafe grew extremely tired and ended up dragging themselves up to bed. Rafe was so happy to know that he would become the father he never had with the woman he loved more than anything. Tayla was happy to start a family with the man she loved before he even loved himself.

The next morning...

Tayla wakes up first, finding Rafe sound asleep by her side, his arms wrapped around her torso securely. The tan girl kisses him softly in an attempt to wake him and succeed. His eyes slowly flutter open, seeing his beautiful fiance in front of him "Happy two-year anniversary baby" he says with his raspy morning voice.

As he stretches his arms, Tayla straddles his lap and her hands drag up his chest "Happy two-year anniversary". 

Rafe's hands move up and down the brunette's thighs "I have an idea on how to celebrate this occasion".

The kook girl chuckles with a smirk "I'm sure you do" sensually kissing his neck "but we have a prior engagement". 

His eyebrows knit together in confusion "We do?". 

Tayla nods with a smile "Just a little surprise that I think you'll like".

She pecks him on the lips before getting off of the bed "We're going to Asheville today and we'll stay there for two nights, so start packing and getting ready". 

Rafe opens his mouth to speak but gets cut off "And no questions, it ruins the surprise".

Rafe pulls the comforter off, sighing dramatically "Alright... no questions". Tayla nods in satisfaction, walking to the ensuite bathroom to shower. After her shower, Tayla finds Rafe pulling a belt through the loops of his pants.

She grins at the sight, walking to the walk-in closet with a towel wrapped around her body "You clean up well". 

Rafe smirks, straightening out his shirt collar while looking in the full body mirror near the dresser "I thought dressing up for a surprise is better than dressing down".

He heard chuckles coming from the closet and movement of hangers against the clothes rod "Good choice, you would probably want to dress to impress". A few minutes later, she walks out of the closet with her outfit.

 A few minutes later, she walks out of the closet with her outfit

The clicking of Tayla's heels against the word floor made Rafe change his focus from the mirror. He turns to see the beautiful tan girl walking toward him.

Tayla pretends to brush something off of her dress "Is there something on my dress?" she smirks, finding her fiance's jaw practically hitting the floor. 

Rafe couldn't help but grin at the sight "I don't know how you continue to top yourself".

His hands trailed to her waist, the fabric of her dress was soft against the tips of his fingers. Tayla smiles at his comment "I have to wear stuff like this while I still can, pretty soon I'll have a baby bump in the way".