chapter 3

NIFEMI'S POV

My head felt like it was hit by a sledge hammer multiple times. I groaned as I adjusted my eyes to the dim lighted area.

My eyes widened as I remembered the event that led to this. I was kidnapped.

"Sleeping beauty has awakened", an accented voice rang through the room. "Who the fuck are you and what business do I have with you?", I asked to no one in particular. "Such a dirty mouth fir a pretty thing like you", the man said. I glared at the room. "I'm not an object", I spat.

I wanted to move but I was strapped to a metal chair. The room smelled like death. I noticed some wires attached to the chair. Oh God, what have gotten myself into?

The person chuckled and I rolled my eyes. Then a talk figure came in view. "You have such a mouth on you", he said as he pulled out a chair and sat down in front of me. I couldn't see his face clearly but I could make out his sharp jaw and well defined muscles. I wouldn't deny he was hot and handsome but that doesn't mean I don't want to strangle him to death.

My eyes widened as I remembered my daughter. Only God knows what time it is. "What do you want from me?", I asked.

"Where is it?", he asked and I frowned. "Where is what?", I asked making him glare at me. "You stole something from us, now give it back", he said as he stood up and approached me.

I glared at him. I didn't like being framed or accused for something I didn't do or know about. It always drove me on edge.

"Excuse me, Mr. Arrogant. I don't have time for all these games and riddles. I took nothing from you and I'm giving you nothing!", I snapped.

A loud snap rang in the room as my head snapped to the side and my eyes shut close. My right cheek stung as I realized that he slapped me. Tears pricked my eyes as I tried to endure the pain. I have never been slapped in my entire life.

"Ragazza stupida", he mumbled angrily. (Stupid girl). I didn't even want to know what it meant. "I don't have what you want!", I yelled at him. I was angry right now. My pain morphed into anger and frustration.

The man hissed and brought out a small remote from his pocket. "I'll make you talk. I'm not a fan of torturing women but I won't say no", he said abd pressed the button.

A scream escaped my mouth as electric current spread through my body. The current was so high that I felt my skin being roasted. "Stop!", I screamed as tears fell down my cheeks. "Not until you tell me where it is", he said as he increased the current.

I screamed as I felt the energy drain out if me. I can't die yet, I have a reason to live. "I don't know what you're talking about!", I cried out. That only seemed to anger him the more. "Where is the fucking pendant!", he growled.

He removed his hand and the electric current left. I was still twitching as I felt my insides boil. "P-pendant?", I stuttered. My voice was hoarse and dry. "You stole a priced possession from the Italian Mafia. Tell me where it is so we can chose how you die quickly", he said and my eyes widened.

Did he just say Mafia?

"Is it a ruby pendant with engravings?", I asked and he nodded. "Keep talking", he demanded. "I'll tell you where it is but don't kill me", I said as I still tried to calm my breaths.

"Why won't I?", he raised a brow. "I have a daughter", I replied and he scoffed. "Nice try but you can't fool me. Even if you did, I couldn't care less", he said. I looked up at him to see him playing with a gun in his hand. My heart dropped.

"Please, don't kill me. She's only eight months old. I'll tell you were it is but I didn't steal it, I swear", I pleaded. He looked at me and narrowed his eyes. "How so?".

"I don't even know where your Mafia is at all. A strange man dropped it in my pocket when he bumped into me and he ran away", I said truthfully.

"I'll think about it. Where is the pendant?", he asked. "In my home", I answered. The door opened and the two men from earlier came in and unstrapped me from the chair. I tried to stand up but ended up falling to the ground.

"Get up", the man said annoyed. "You justws electrocuted a girl who hadn't eaten since last night", I mumbled as I struggled to my feet. One of the other men was nice enough to help walk out of the room.

I was met with the dark night. "What time is it?", I asked no one in particular. "Three am", the other guy said abd my eyes widened. Hope would have been awake by now. "Can we please go now?", I asked pleadingly. The mean man muttered something in Italian but I didn't care to know what it was.

We got into a black SUV and he began to drive. "Where do you live?", he asked. "On the outskirts of the city, close to the forest", I said.

A few moments later, I spotted my tiny cubicle. "There", I pointed. They looked at me with a confused look but I rolled my eyes. They parked in front of the cubicle and I could hear Hope's cries.

"Oh My God", I got out of the car and limped my way to the cubicle. I walked in and saw Hope on the bed crying her intestines out. Her fair face was red and she was sitting beside the pillow.

"Baby, mommy's here", I mumbled as I went to kneel in front of her. She cried harder as she stretched her hands towards me. Tears pricked my eyes as I picked her up and cradled her. Her temperature was hot and she was shaking in my arms.

I didn't even notice the other large men in my room. searching my things for the pendant. "I'm sorry", I whispered to my daughter as I cradled her in my arms. She reduced her crying to whimpers. She was hungry and weak. My heart broke as I saw her bloodshot eyes.

"We've found it", I heard one of the other men say. "Now you've found it, please go", I said as I turned to face them.

The mean man glared at me. His eyes landed on the baby in my arms and I swear I saw his features soften. "You're coming with us", he said. "I'm not going anywhere!", I spat.

Because if them, I left my daughter alone by herself for hours without food.

"It's either you die or you come with us along with your daughter, you chose", he said and I glared at him.