Chapter 20: Advices

Soomi stared blankly at the screen of her desktop as she continuously bite her fingernail. It's been two days since In-yeop went to Busan and they haven't contacted each other since then. She believes that he already has his phone and she expects him to at least contact her that he already arrived there.

"You want my fingernails, too?" Amy whispered to her ear which made her back to her senses.

"Kamchaegya!(That startled me!)" Soomi felt her heart almost stopped when she heard Amy's voice so close to her ear. She turned her head to Amy and saw the girl extending her hand, offering her fingernails.

Amy laughed at her reaction and focused typing on her desktop again. "You've been out of it since yesterday. Did something happen?"

"Nothing," Soomi answered right away, dismissing whatever it is Amy is thinking. She continued working on the news article she will report tomorrow for the night news.

With the way Soomi spoke, Amy knew that nothing is something. She stopped typing again and swirled her swivel chair facing Soomi.

"Did you two fight?" She asked and Soomi almost choked on the coffee she's drinking. "You did. Why? I've never seen you two fight. He is always sweet and all whenever he goes here to fetch you."

"It's none of your business," Soomi coldly answered and sighed.

"You're right," Amy nodded and continued typing. Feeling frustrated, she looked at Soomi again. "But whatever it is what happened is eating you up. Have you seen yourself in the mirror lately?"

"We're," Soomi swallowed hard, preparing to lie under Amy's scrutinizing gaze. "We're fine."

"You're fine?" Amy raised an eyebrow and suspiciously looked at her.

"O-of course, we're fine," she answered and stood up, pretending to look for something on Mr. Yoo's desk who is currently in a meeting.

"O-of course, we're fine," Amy mimicked her. "Sure you are," swirling her seat, she followed Soomi's movements with her gaze.

"I guess the sweetest couple's relationship is also changing, huh?"

Soomi glared at Amy's comment. "Are you mocking me?!"

"Have you ever heard of the saying that nothing is permanent in this world?" Amy crossed her arms over her chest.

"So what are you implying? That our relationship is not permanent, too?"

"I'm saying that you should cope up with changes," Amy said with seriousness which made Soomi look at her. "Things between your relationship may change so what about it? Then do something that bridges the distance that's starting to build up between you and In-yeop."

Soomi looked at Amy as warmth spread through her hearing her colleagues advise. She may not notice it but she knows that there are a lot of people caring for her.

She smiles a genuine one as she stares at Amy. "Since when did you become a love guru?"

Amy rolled her eyes and focused her attention on her desktop again. She chuckles seeing her reaction and looked at Mr. Yoo's desk.

Why was she there again? Ah! For no reason. She just wanted to look natural lying in front of her colleague but obviously failed.

She was about to go back to her cubicle when she noticed something on Mr. Yoo's desk. It is a white envelope that has the word confidential written in red on it. She picked it up and noticed that the envelope is already open. As curious as a cat she is, she took the paper out and was about to unfold it when a pair of hands quickly snatched the paper from her hands.