IIII

The woman walked swiftly around the room, gently twisting the finger in her hand.

It weighed heavier tonight, she noted.

Stopping with a sigh, she sat down on the bench and bit her sobs down. She knew guards were on the other side of the room, listening.

She would never give Seto the satisfaction to know that he made her cry.

Never.

"I should've drank more poison that day." she scowled.

"Coward. Coward," she called herself.

"Death scares you. Coward. Coward!" she continued.

"Death didn't scare him."

"Pathetic. I should've drank more."

"Would he have wanted that?"

She paused, saddened by the statement.

"Would he have wished to see you kill yourself?"

Shame spilled all over her.

She put her face in her hands, silent tears falling down her face.

"Oh Ra, help me." she cried weakly.

____________________________________

"Send these three to the Pharaoh," Mana spoke in a monotone.

All three men looked at her with pleading eyes.

"My queen! Please!" one man sobbed as the guards dragged him away from her sight.

"My queen! My queen!"

Mana cast her eyes toward the next person.

"Next."

Soon an old beggar woman was pushed forward.

Mana stared at her.

"My queen, this criminal refuses to give us her name and where she is originally from. Her crimes are for witchcraft against women in the town near Thebes, and she is not Egyptian and has gotten found with murdering her neighbor's animals."

Mana raised an eyebrow, noticing how the woman never argued that her charges weren't true.

As if she was accepting her faith.

"My queen,"

Mana flickered her eyes back to her advisors.

"What is her fate? Send her back to prison, or have the Pharaoh judge her sentence?"

Mana would've easily cast her to the next room to have her fate judged by Seto; however, she noticed the strange markings on the woman's arms.

They were alluring.

"Send her back to prison for today. I'll have an answer by tomorrow," Mana decided before waving her hand, ordering the guards to take her away.

Mana ignored the shiver and goosebumps she felt when she noticed the creepy smirk the older woman gave her.

____________________________________

Mana silently slipped towards the corridors and past the guards to get to the jail cells.

"My queen!"

Mana cursed.

"Yes?" Mana replied, turning around to face the several guards bowing to her.

"You shouldn't be here alone. Does the Pharaoh-"

"This visit isn't an affair the Pharaoh has to know. I have unfinished business with a prisoner." Mana spoke authoritatively, her heart sinking as she used her status power as a defense weapon.