The Five of Spades

After after a few more days of swimming in the pool, going out to fancy restaurants, texting Kaeya late at night; it was time to head back. Kaeya said he would come see Albedo off at airport, which made Albedo warm and fuzzy? He'd never felt that. They hadn't seen eachother in person since dinner. This would be the last time they saw eachother.

When Albedo was walking up to the gate, Kaeya was already there. He waved to him. "Hey doll."

It was so nice to see him again, he really was so sweet. He had talked to Kaeya about how he felt he only had a few people he really knew, and Kaeya opened up more about his dreams. He felt like he had known Kaeya forever.

He smiled and hugged Kaeya. "Hello, Kaeya." He pulled away and look up at him. He really was divine. A sparkling smile, striking eyes, and silky hair. How pretty he was. The artist in Albedo seemed to come out whenever he laid eyes on him.

"How badly are you going to miss me?" Kaeya asked as they sat down together. The seats were very uncomfortable, but Albedo didn't mind.

Albedo hummed in fake thought. "I think I'll miss you quite a bit, you're rather easy to talk to."

Kaeya smiled, a real smile. Kaeya's guard dropped when he was around him now. He had finally broken through his mask, in no time at all, really. "I'm going to miss you too." He had a sly grin plastered on his face. "I'm not sure I can sleep with anybody else, you were too good."

Albedo's face turned bright red and he put his hands over Kaeya's mouth, Kaeya's laughter now muffled. "Oh my god Kaeya."

Kaeya was still laughing. "Okay, okay! I'm sorry. You're just such a tease."

Albedo looked at the clock, there was still a lot of time before their flight. And so they made small talk and held hands, why did it feel so natural to be so intimate?

Being around Kaeya resulted in so many questions, but he liked it.

They heard the plane pull up and both of them faked a smile.

"Call me, okay?" Albedo said as he was dragging his suitcase.

"Of course, doll,"

And Albedo was headed off to Brooklynn.

***

It had been a month since Albedo's excursion in Las Vegas, and the transition back to school was painful, to say the least.

"Kaeya...," Albedo groaned over a FaceTime call.

"Oh my, you sound happy," Kaeya was brushing his hair, he had just gotten out of the shower.

Albedo furrowed his brows, he seemed to be more expressive as of late. "Kaeya knock it of. I have far too many assignments, don't make me hang up." Albedo was currently working on one at the moment.

Kaeya chuckled. "I'm sorry, doll. Would you like to talk about it?"

Albedo stopped typing for a second, his ears turned pink a bit, he felt lucky. Lucky that Kaeya cared. "Ah, yes. I think I could relieve some stress that way." Albedo rolled his shoulders and sighed. "It's just, I don't find any use in our recent assignments. I need something new." Albedo made eye contact with Kaeya, and Kaeya had that kind smile on his face again.

"Well, I may not understand what any of your assignments mean but I do care. And I know you can do this. It gets better, don't worry." Kaeya smiled and put the hairbrush down, he was braiding his hair now.

Albedo turned in his assignment and stretched. "No offense, but how much do you know about college?"

Kaeya shrugged. "Nothing, but can't I encourage you? Isn't that what friends are for?"