The King of Hearts

Albedo needed Kaeya gone. He wanted to leave him, because his heart hurt when he was with him and he didn't know why. But when heard Kaeya call his name, he knew he would come crawling back eventually.

                               Kaeya

                                 8:47

[albedo?

Albedo wasn't going to answer, and Kaeya would be able to tell he saw that message. He felt bad, but relationships are hard to manage and he's never been good at them, so he'll stop it here. He hadn't talked to Kaeya in a week, surely Kaeya would give up soon.

                               Kaeya

                                 8:51

[can you please tell me what I did?

[I really care about you and I can't stand that something I did hurt you

No, no. That's not it at all, Kaeya; that's what he wanted to tell him, but he was scared. Obviously this wasn't going to work out if everytime Kaeya said something sweet Albedo's stomach hurt.

                              Kaeya

                                9:32

[albedo this isn't fair to me

[I'm trying to be nice but I need you to answer me

Kaeya had called him multiple times, but Albedo didn't have the heart to pick up. Why couldn't he care more, why couldn't he be better. Why couldn't he be enough for Kaeya?

***

Kaeya didn't know what he did to hurt Albedo, but now he was mad. Albedo won't pick up and won't text him back. He's read the texts. Kaeya wants to call him an asshole, but he can't. Why does Albedo have to toy with him so much, can't he just stay?

So Kaeya drove to Albedo's house. He knocked, no response. Again, no response.

"God dammit, Albedo, please open the door!" He heard Albedo yelp and the curtains shuffled.

The door opened, painfully slow. "Albedo. What's wrong with you? What did I do?" Kaeya's voice was gentle, but Albedo looked unswayed.

"What do you mean 'what's wrong with you', what wrong with you?" He yelled, his voice sounded cracked and it didn't seek like he yelled often.

"Please tell me what I did."

"You're an asshole who-who doesn't even care about how his words may affect anybody." Albedo had malice in his eyes, but his anger felt insincere and he looked like he might cry.

Kaeya reach out for Albedo's hand, but it was slapped away.

"You don't care about me. How do you think I feel when you..." his face softened for a moment, it was bright red but his brows were still furrowed.

"I care about you, what gave you the impression I don't?" Kaeya was trying not to yell, but Albedo wasn't making sense.

"Why do you need to know? Whatever. Relationships take up far too much of my energy and time."

Kaeya nodded "Okay. I'm the one who doesn't take feeling into account." He couldn't stop himself now. "You asshole, I had so much I still wanted to tell you, things I wanted to give you, you mean so much to me." Now tears were forming in Kaeya's eyes.

"I don't believe you, how am I supposed to believe you?"

Kaeya clicked his tongue. "I thought you would know I wouldn't lie about a thing like this." He began making his way to the door. "I love you, Albedo. That's why I care."