Chapter ten

When Satoshi woke up the next morning, he felt the coldness next to him. Kazunari went home, he thought as he opened his eyes. But then he noticed by the door leading outside to the woods that a man was standing there and was wrapping his yukata around himself. As he tied the obi back on to hold it together, Satoshi spoke up. "I thought you'd be home by now."

Kazunari looked back at him and smiled. "I overslept," he said going over to him. "I guess I'll be in trouble when I get home."

Satoshi leaned over and grabbed Kazunari's hand to pull him down next to him. Kazunari smiled and sat with him. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired," Kazunari answered laughing.

"I didn't hurt you too much, did I?" Satoshi asked as he moved Kazunari's collar to see the bruise on his neck. It was purple, and if it wasn't covered up by the yukata it would've been very noticeable.

Kazunari shook his head. "No. Last night was perhaps the best night of my life. I just hope it won't be the last."

"I won't be," Satoshi assured him. "And don't think like that. Everything's going to be fine." He paused as he remembered something. "You're going to Sho-chan's house this morning to practice, right?"

Kazunari nodded. "But I have to stop home and get my sword. Sho gave me one of his swords for protection. I just have to go and get it so we can practice with the real thing today."

"I'll follow you into town. I just have to get dressed first and I'll see you at Sho-chan's house."

"Mm," Kazunari said before he leaned in for a kiss. It was gentle and sweet, and it made his heart beat faster. When he let go, he smiled. "I'll see you at Sho's."

--

Kazunari walked into town and, as quietly as he could, sneaked back into his house. The sword was just by the door behind a shelf, so all he had to do was reach down and—

"Kazunari."

He froze hearing his name. He looked up and saw Katsuhiko standing in the doorway to the porch. He had an evil look in his eye. "You're home late."

Kazunari swallowed and stood up. "I went out for breakfast."

"Oh," Katsuhiko said. "So, you came home and then went out again?"

Kazunari nodded. "Hai."

"Well you know, son," Katsuhiko said walking towards him. "I have been up all night waiting for you to come home." Kazunari froze and felt a cold shiver run through him. "I did not hear you come home last night, so I even went out searching for you. I looked at the Sakurai house, I looked at the bakery, I looked everywhere. Including...." Katsuhiko smiled. "The Ohno house."

Kazunari's heart dropped as he stared at his father walking still closer to him. He needed that sword. He needed that sword now. Kazunari gently took a step away from the door to move away from his father. "I remember telling you before that if I ever found out, my sword would be on your neck." He unsheathed a sword out of his belt and held it out. "I wasn't lying."

Suddenly, Katsuhiko ran towards Kazunari. Kazunari paniced and barely avoided him as he jumped away, quickly grabbing the sword from behind the shelf. He unsheathed it immediately and held it out to protect himself. Katsuhiko only laughed and ran towards him again.

Kazunari did the only thing he could do. He threw open the front door and ran outside before turning back to face his father. Some people were mortified and surprised and stopped to see what was going on. One of which was Jun, who stood there shocked when he realized what was going on. As Kazunari fought his father, Jun ran as fast as he could towards the old road to the Ohno house.