Chapter 5

*3 Years Later*

"You gotta be quiet love." Curtis says into my neck. I can barely control my legs from shaking let alone my volume and he knows it. That's why I can feel his lips form into a smirk as they suck the already sensitive skin against my neck.

"It's hard to when you're not playing fair." I moan out as he thrusts into me again, hitting that spot that he discovered drives me absolutely wild when he twists his hips.

"I didn't realize that you were having a bad time. Maybe I need to...switch things up a bit." He says before twisting me on him and bending me over one of the barrels, able to hit deeper inside me from this new angle. I bring my hand to my mouth to keep myself from crying out. "That's right baby girl. Take it in." He whispers into my ear. I start to clamp down on him and he starts ploughing into me. "Fuck, marry me." He says as he throws me over the edge and I milk his release from him.

It doesn't register what he says until we've both come down from the release, the sounds of our heavy breathing filling the tight space that we've made our little haven over the last few years. "I'm sorry. Did you really say what I think you said?" I ask, realization dawning on my face.

His eyes widen. "Not if you're not thinking it too." He's panicking. I take his face in my hands.

"Yes. When you actually ask me, yes." I say before going to walk away. He grabs my hand and turns me back to him.

"Sirena, will you... marry me?" he asks, nervously. I've never seen him like this before. He's always sure of himself.

...
*48 Hours Later*

We're standing in front of Gilliam and he's been silent for 5 minutes now. I nervously shift my weight from foot to foot. "I saw this happening years back. You both were so insistent that there was nothing but hatred between the two of you. I'll take this moment to say 'I told you so'." He smiles at us.

"So, you'll do it?" Curtis asks.

"Of course I will. When would you like it done?"

"The end of the day?"

"That soon?"

"Gilliam we've been doing this for 3 years now. And it's not like anything is going to be changing anytime soon. We're stuck on this god-forsaken hell locomotive so might as well find some joy in that." I speak up for the first time. He nods.

Mostly everyone was gathered in the main front room later that day. Emery was at the front, as my only family and not-so-little Edgar was there for Curtis. There was nothing of the old world in these ceremonies and it was mostly to let the others know that Curtis and I were no longer available, not that anyone needed reminding. I lost count as to how many of the adults caught us in the act over the last 3 years.

"Do you Curtis accept the responsibilities that come with taking a wife?" Gilliam asks him.

"I do."

"And do you, Sirena, accept the responsibilities that come with taking a husband?"

"I do." I reply, my eyes never leaving Curtis's.

"Good. Everyone that has gathered here has heard these two declare their marriage. Make sure you honor it," he says to us, "and you honor them," he says to those gathered. There's a brief moment of congratulations before we're all drawn back to our normal routines. "I'm going to let you have the privacy of my quarters tonight. Edgar has already said he'll sleep on your bunk so I can have the bottom one." We go to argue but he's insistent. "Regardless of the fact that you've been going at it like rabbits for years, you deserve some sense of the traditions of the old world, before all of this." He finishes before walking off to find where Edgar had gotten to.

We walk hand in hand to the back of the car and before we can enter into Gilliam's sanctuary Curtis picks me up and carries me across the threshold bridal style. I laugh. "Nothing about this is traditional and you want to do that?"

"Shh. Let me have my moment." He whispers before gently laying me down on the heap of old coats that Gilliam made into a bed. "I know in the past we've been rushed so tonight I plan on taking my time with you." He says before removing my dingy sweater leaving my top half exposed to the cold of the train, but I felt heat rise in me as I watched his ocean eyes darken to resemble a stormy sea. I sit up and grab the hem of his own sweater and remove it, revealing his toned torso underneath. There were some scars that he earned from skirmishes that he had to help break up over the years. I was still entranced by him, regardless.

He gently pushes me back down and I lift my hips up, allowing him to remove my pants before he stands back up and removes his. Three years we've been intimate with each other and yet, this is the first time I've seen him completely naked. He covers my body with his and the heat radiating between us completely blocks out the cold from the tail section. He slowly inserts himself into me and I arch my back, pressing my breasts against his chest.

He lets out a low moan in response and thrusts into me again, faster this time. I feel the spring get tighter and tighter until it snaps and I come around him, hard. His movements became erratic and I feel him twitch as he releases into me, costing my walls with thick, hot ropes of his cum.

He buries his head in my neck as his breathing returns to normal before rolling over and grabbing a ratty old blanket to block as much of the cold out as we could. I curl into his side, satisfied but exhausted. "I hope you don't think I'm done with you yet. I intend to make full use of Gilliam's gift." He says, making me laugh. I was in for a long night, and you wouldn't hear me complaining at all.