eight.

AFTER talking to angie, ashtray went back to sleep

AFTER talking to angie, ashtray went back to sleep. he woke up again around twelve in the afternoon.

it was a saturday and on saturdays fez took the day off and ash was in charge of closing the bar until late at night. he had hoped that today there would be a lot of people in the bar given the last few days of partying for the holidays.

he walked out of his room and into the kitchen, where they were all sitting together at the table.

cassie had gone home the day before so he knew that today was gia and rue's last day with them, so he thought it would be a good idea to go out with gia one last time before she left.

his plans shattered when he walked into the kitchen and everyone fell silent.

he had forgotten that he had yelled at his brother the night before. it was the angie effect, his whole life seemed to go well when he was with her. the problem was that when she's gone everything goes wrong.

"goodmorning, ash, do you want something for breakfast? we made eggs, pancakes, bacon, cereal, everything but cake." lex spoke to break the awkward tension that had formed.

"cereal is fine." he said as he took a bowl. he avoided fezco's gaze the entire time he was pouring his cereal.

"gia and i were saying that it would be a good idea to go to the park so you can teach her how to skate. she wants to impress a boy in college-"

"rue! that's not true. i just really want to learn." gia interrupted feeling embarrassed. ash smiled but shook his head, sitting between lex and rue, facing his brother.

"i can't, i have to work late at the bar today, so-"

"it's fine." fez said as he put the coffee cup down where he had been focusing his attention. "you can go with them now and when you're done you can go to the bar. their ride leaves at seven so you'll still have plenty of time to work."

gia nodded excitedly to which ash nodded still not looking at him.

"okay." he murmured and lexi looked at him with a comforting smile.

"Well, let's not waste time, i'm going to go change." gia said getting up.

"me too." rue agreed and they both disappeared up the stairs, leaving the three  of them in another awkward silence.

lexi cleared her throat, not knowing how to start the conversation.

"did you have fun last night?" she asked instantly feeling stupid.