CHAPTER 29 KEEPING IT REAL

KEEPIN' IT REAL

CHAPTER 29

  The same night that Ross and Crimeboss were dealing with Smoke and Fox, Luther was on the handlebar of Andy's Earth Cruiser, heading towards Ross's house on Piedmont Ave.

  "You really think dem keys you got gonna work for dis crib,bro?" Luther nervously asked.

  "I'm telling you,man. These gotta be the keys. I can feel it in my guts,real talk."

  Luther couldn't help but to feel nervous, with butterflies in his stomach; knowing deep inside that he really didn't want to bust the move with Andy.

  "This the street right,cha," Andy said, turning off Rutledge Avenue, a street that was parallel to Piedmont Ave.

  It was about 12 O'clock at night and Mrs.Jones would usually be dead to the world asleep around this time,but for some reason,she was still up, wide awake in her living room, watching reruns of 'What's Happening Now' and eating ice cream.

  "Stop the bike," Luther declared.

  "Why? What's the matter?" Andy asked, caught off guard.

  "Just stop right quick,bro." Luther now damn near demanded.

  Andy abruptly stopped the bike with Luther hopping off of the handlebar. 

  "Don't tell me you're scared,bro." Andy asked, annoyed by Luther's hesitation.

  "I can't even lie to you,my dawg...I can't do it, bro" Luther replied,looking Andy face to face eye to eye,so Andy could see how serious he was about the matter. "I just don't feel right about doing this... Breaking into someone's shit, especially knowing how I would feel if somebody broke into my shit."

  " Bro,it ain't like this motherfucker is gonna know or find out it was us." Andy contested. "Plus this nigga got plenty of of money.. He'll be alright...stop acting like a broad,dawg."

"I ain't no broad,dawg," Luther replied,with a scowl on his face. "It's not my thing or my style...I mean I don't knock you for how you get down, my dawg… I just don't feel comfortable taking the penitentiary chance."

  Andy stared at Luther for about two or three minutes;then started laughing. "One thing I can say about you,dawg. You've always been honest and don't be faking to be something you're not and you're always willing to let a nigga know how you feel. I can respect that and all I can say is that I'll see you at the crib. I gotta make this move, bro."

  "I feel ya, bro...I really hope you are safe." Luther gave Andy dap. "I'm going to head back to the crib."

  " I ain't mad at ya,dawg. Like they say, don't do the crime, if you can't do the time...All I ask is that you stay up until I make it back to the pad."

  "I got you, my dawg. Say no more."

  And what that being said they both went their separate ways.