20 seconds till the final buzzer,

Deanna's team on offense, with 2 points in favor of the opponent's team. Deanna dribbling the ball, her eyes scanning the court. They need to tie the game to survive.

Tots faked a left and turned to the right for a slim space and Deanna passed it to her. Tots pulled up a post shot and missed.

10 seconds..

Deanna grabbed the rebound, and pivoted for the shot. She felt a sharp pain on her ankles as she reached the floor. The ref called for a foul as the ball sailed down the rim, rolling on the edges.

5 seconds..
The ball rolled around and everyone caught their breath.

4..
3..
2..

The ball decided to fall past into the net, earning Deanna a three-point play.

Crowd: Deanna! Deanna! Deanna!

Deanna stood with the help of her teammates, she limped to the free throw line.

Bea: dude, ok lang kahit ma miss mo, importante naka overtime.

Bea patted her on the back.

Tots: we got this dude.

Deanna leaned on her other foot, not wanting to aggravate the injured one. As a high percentage shooter, she hoped this is her last shot for tonight, she felt exhausted.

The crowd held their breath as well as they watched the penalty shot sailed to the air into the net. The gym exploded with cheers.

They won.

Later that night, with her ankle bandaged, she limped to the school gym for their victory party. Jema was waiting at the school gate for her.

Jema: congrats talaga bes, grabe cheer ko sa yo ha.
Deanna: talaga? Di ko yata nakita.
Jema: sira! Ako pa ba? Kelan ba ko pumalya sa mga games mo?
Deanna: naks.. ikaw na supportive.

Jema was quiet for a moment, only their footsteps filled in the silence between them.

Jema: erm, bes?
Deanna: yeah?
Jema: i met someone.
Deanna: talaga? Saan?
Jema: sa text lang.
Deanna: text? O, anong meron? Bakit? bastos ba? Awayin ko, asan number?
Jema: kalma lang, hindi siya bastos. Well, medyo.
Deanna: what?
Jema: what i mean....... Is i think i like him.
Deanna: him? Wait. What's happening? Kilala ko ba siya? Paano mo nakilala?

Though Deanna had her suspicions.

Jema: ewan ko bes, i think i'm falling sa kanya. Kahit di ko pa nakikita, ramdam ko ang konek? Alam mo yun?
Deanna: how?
Jema: it felt like i've known him all my life. He makes me smile just sending sweet messages everyday
Deanna: why are you telling me this?
Jema: kasi nga... seryoso, gusto ko na siya e meet.. tulungan mo naman ako ma-meet siya.

Deanna stopped in her steps and turned to Jema in disbelief.

Deanna: why?
Jema: anong why?
Deanna: why would you want to meet him? Stranger siya di ba?
Jema: kaya nga may getting to know di ba? Sige ma bes, tulungan mo na ko. Gusto ko talaga ma meet si Gino.

Deanna didn't know what to say, but made up her mind right then to tell her the truth.

Deanna: Jema, sandali.

Jema stopped at the gym's entrance, glancing at her curiosly.

Deanna: Can we talk?