Chapter 4

Author's POV***

"You like Demon Slayer?" He asked.

Y/n quickly turned her head to face him and said, "Yes!"

"Do you have a favorite character?" He was trying to get her mind off of the X-rays.

"Umm...yeah, I like Nezuko!" Y/n smiled.

"Oh, that's nice! I've never watched it so I don't really know the characters."

Y/n let out a small laugh, and Jungkook knew she was relaxing. He just had to keep the conversation going for her to be relaxed during the X-rays.

"Do you like candy?" Jungkook turned to her, very surprised to hear her talk first.

"I only like plain chocolate or maybe icecream once in a while."

Y/n smiled and started to talk again.

"I love candy! I especially love lollipops!" Jungkook smiled at her response and thought of an idea if she gets nervous again.

"We're all done." A dentist told Jungkook as he walked his patient down the hallway.

"Perfect, are you ready?" Jungkook made sure she was ready before he even walked in.

Y/n leaned forward and looked in the room. It wasn't as scary as the other rooms she saw but it didn't make her fully comfortable; and Jungkook knew.

"Hey y/n?" Jungkook tried to get her attention.

She looked at him and he said, "If we get this done, I'll give you a lollipop once you're ready to leave."

Y/n's eyes lit up with excitement. She hasn't had a lollipop in at least a year because her brother thought she was eating too much sweets.

"How does that sound?" He asked.

She shook her head with excitement and walked in the room with Jungkook.

"Ok love, can you sit in that chair for me?" Jungkook said pointing to a chair in the corner of the room.

She sat down and Jungkook put this giant bib looking thing around her neck.

(If you've been to the dentist, you know what I'm talk about😅)

Then he started to get the stuff ready.

Y/n looked at the door and saw a bunch of people who looked about her age just staring at her and whispering.

It made her really uncomfortable, because all of those kids went to her school.

One day she overheard them talking about how they all needed to get a bunch of work done on their teeth and they would all go to the dentist together.

And today was that day.

Honestly, those kids weren't nice to her. Everyone in that school except her friends either bullied her, picked on her or just made rude faces at her.

So yeah, she was super uncomfortable with them standing right by the door.

But a few seconds of whispering had passed and they got louder, so Jungkook heard.

He looked at all of them which made the girls blush, but he didn't care. He then looked at y/n real quick and noticed something was off about her, and he was right.

Because she looked at him and was about to cry. He took this as a sign and shut the door with his foot.

It shut pretty loud so you heard the girls yelp from the other side and y/n flinched.

"Y/n?" She heard her name, so she looked at Jungkook who was standing right in front of the door.

He slowly walked towards her and bent down so his eyes were looking directly into hers.

"Y-Yes...?" Y/n had a shaky voice.

"Do those people bother you?" He asked, trying not to make her more uncomfortable.

She just nodded and said, "They bully me at school..." then she began to cry.

Jungkook felt so bad for her. He didn't even know her that well, but he felt terrible.

He took her hand and placed it in the middle of his hands.

She looked at him with tears rolling down her face.

"Y/n, I might be just a dentist, but I can tell you're hurt, you can talk to me about anything and I won't judge you."

With that being said he handed her a card with his phone number on it.

She looked at it for a few seconds and then put it in her pocket as Jungkook handed her tissues.

~

"Better?" Jungkook asked her as he handed her one last tissue.

"Yes, thank you." She thanked him and gave a small smile.

"You're welcome, are you ready?" He asked, making sure she didn't need another minute or two.

"Yes, I'm ready." She said, and sat up straight.

"Ok, can you open for me?" He asked, and she opened her mouth as Jungkook put an object in.

"Can you bite down, love?" He stood up straight and waited for y/n to bite down.

It didn't take long for her to bite down, so he pressed a button on the wall that took a picture of her mouth.

He then took out the piece and put a new one in.

"Bite down." He told her politely, and she did so.

He pressed the button again and removed the piece from her mouth. He turned around and grabbed a new one to put in her mouth again.

"Almost done, love." He said to y/n.

She nodded, closed her eyes and opened her mouth as Jungkook put the piece in.

After pressing the button Jungkook took out the piece and placed it on the tray with the other two.

"Ok love, last one." Jungkook told her as she opened her mouth and he placed the last one in the back of her mouth.

Then he pressed the button for the last time and took the piece out and placed it on tray with the rest of the pieces and removed the thing around her neck.

Y/n stood up and waited by the door while Jungkook threw away the pieces that were in her mouth.

"Ok! Ready?" He asked as he held out his hand.

She nodded and grabbed his hand as he opened the door