4 ↬ ʙʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇɴᴛᴇʀɪɴɢ

Preach - Saint Motel

~<>~

Keeping in touch with Adrian was all too easy for you.  In fact, once you had him back you realized how much you really had missed him - and how much you couldn't stand to be apart.

Adrian felt the exact same, which made the whole process just that much easier.  Any time you could make together you would, and any time you weren't together, you were blowing up each other's phones.

It was laughable, the amount of time you spent together.  Anyone who saw you would think you two were each other's only friends - and to some extent, that would be true.

Unfortunately, you feared the unity of your duo would be broken by the return of Peacemaker.

You'd received the call in the middle of a mildly important work meeting, having to excuse yourself for the buzzing in your pocket, and again after seeing the strong of frantic 'Red Alert!! Call me asap!' messages spawn in your Notification Center. Your coworkers grumbled, but many were secretly glad to have the moment to check their phones. They had no idea what you were going to be dealing with.

"(Y/N)!" Adrian exclaimed, not wasting a single minute after you accepted his call. The line had barely clicked on before his enthusiastic voice filled your ears. "Guess what?"

"What?" you asked somewhat hastily. You weren't so much annoyed as you were inconvenienced.

"That was a horrible guess," Adrian cheekily remarked. You could imagine him twirling the cord of a landline phone, kicking his legs in the air. "Try again."

"Adrian," you scolded, much like a teacher would a child. You knew you didn't need to baby him, but sometimes you had to be direct for him to grasp the importance of your words. "I'd love to play with you another time, but I'm kind of in the middle of something right now. Do not tell me you called to tell me your body count just went up."

"Oh, shit, sorry. That's a better guess, but not quite," Adrian remarked. "I had this whole hotter/colder game I was gonna try out, but since you're on a crunch I guess I have to just tell you. Are you ready?"

"Yes!" you exclaimed, half from anticipation he seemed to be unknowingly really good at building up and the other half from an itch not to be away from work too long. "Let's hear it."

"Peacemaker is back!" Adrian exclaimed excitedly. You could hear the smile on his words, how his cheeks raised up with his lips. "I just saw him at Fennel Fields with a random group of people. The long awaited duo is back in business, baby!"

At first, you were really happy. Excited, even. If Adrian was excited, it was hard for you not to be. Quite frankly, his smile was contagious.

But the more you thought about it, the more you felt yourself slipping into a deep state of worry. You tried your best not to spiral, but when Adrian let you go back to work after the call, that was really all you could think about. Would Peacemaker like you? Would you get along? What if Adrian didn't like you anymore now that he had his best friend back? Would Peacemaker get in the way of you two?

It was all silly and somewhat juvenile worries, but they were enough to distract you from your tasks at hand. By the time you were ready to leave work, you realized you couldn't remember a single thing you'd heard all day. The only words you could remember were your own buzzing thoughts, drowning out every other work of sound.