3 ↬ ᴠᴀɴᴅᴀʟɪꜱᴍ

Can't Hold Us - Macklemore

~<>~

"Weapon of choice - chainsaw," Vigilante commented, his voice muffled under his mask as he sneaked tandem with you up to a seemingly abandoned warehouse.  You moved in silence, your breathing sounding louder than the majority of your steps.

"Really?" you asked, pursing your lips.  "I feel like that's not very conventional."

"It's not conventional," Vigilante reiterated exasperatedly, as if this wasn't the first nor the last time he would have this conversation.  "That's not the point.  The point is that it's cool and badass.  Like, imagine killing someone with a chainsaw."

"I see your vision, but I feel like it would just be a bloodbath," you argued, crouching down behind a conveniently placed large log.  Synchronized, Vigilante squatted beside you.  "It would be sick for maybe twenty seconds, and then you'd have the messiest crime scene ever in front of you."

"Sometimes you're no fun," Vigilante pouted.  You lightly hit his arm with the back of your hand, rolling your eyes.

"I didn't say it wasn't cool!" you doubled back, surrendering to his complaints.  "I just said it would be a fucking mess."

"But that's cool.  It's a statement!"

"It's much more hassle, though. We are so unbelievably off track," you stated with a groan.  As engaging as the current topic was, there was a reason the two of you were hovering over the grass.

You and Vigilante gazed out over the grass field at the well obscured tin storage unit.  It was covered in foliage, giving it the appearance of being long abandoned, and most of the entry points were boarded off or mangled.  The only usable one was a large garage door, cracked open only at the bottom. 

Periodically, someone would come or go, the garage opening only enough to allow them through.  It moved silently despite its forgotten facade.  If not for that, if you didn't know any better, you would've written it off much like anyone else.  But something long forgotten and unimportant, regardless of the traffic, would definitely have a noisy system.

"Right, yeah," Vigilante said, directing his attention to the shelter.  He pointed a gloved finger at it, gesturing.  "I found this place while I was looking for a new demolition area.  Checking for wooded clearings, and such.  I did a little research, and I'm happy to report that the people that operate out of here are fucking disgusting."

"Happy?" you asked, raising your eyebrows.

"Happy to kick some ass," Vigilante declared, a little too excited. "At first it seemed like it was just drugs and laundering, which is bad, obviously, but then I learned they're trafficking a little more than that."

"Goddamn," you whistled. "Right up my alley."

"That's what I thought," Vigilante confirmed with a smile. "I wanted our first mission to be one you were equally passionate about."

"That's so so sweet and also incredibly morbid," you gushed. "You thought about our first mission?"

"Even before I knew you were Karma, I figured our paths would cross at some point. I thought it would be better if we teamed up, rather than became rivals," Vigilante explained. He reached a hand to the back of his neck as if to scratch it, but quickly lowered it upon the feeling of his suit. "It's just a lot nicer knowing it's you."