Quotes

Here are some Rick Riordan Percy Jackson quotes about sadness.

1. "Don't feel bad, I'm usually about to die."

- 'The Battle Of The Labyrinth'.

2. "If my life is going to mean anything, I have to live it myself."

-'The Lightning Thief'.

3. "Knowing too much of your future is never a good thing."

- 'The Lightning Thief'.

4. "Humans see what they want to see."

-'The Lightning Thief'.

5. "The real story of the Fleece: there were these two children of Zeus, Cadmus, and Europa, okay? They were about to get offered up as human sacrifices when they prayed to Zeus to save them."

- 'The Sea Of Monsters'.

6. "What if it lines up like it did in the Trojan War?"

- 'The Lightning Thief'.

7. "You will see things just as they are, being a half-blood, but humans will interpret things quite differently. Remarkable, really, the lengths to which humans will go to fit things into their version of reality."

- 'The Lightning Thief'.

8. "Deadlines just aren't real to me until I'm staring one in the face."

- 'The Lightning Thief'.

9. "But it chugs along the way it's supposed to most of the time. Sure, little pieces break off and stuff goes haywire once in a while, but mostly...things happen for a reason."

- 'The House Of Hades'.

10. "If you're reading this because you think you might be one, my advice is: close this book right now. Believe what-ever lie your mom or dad told you about your birth, and try to lead a normal life. Being a half-blood is dangerous. It's scary. Most of the time, it gets you killed in painful, nasty ways."

- 'The Lightning Thief'.

11. "But suddenly the world turned sideways. I realized I'd been played with. Zeus, Poseidon, and Hades had been set at each other's throats by someone else. The master bolt had been in the backpack, and I'd gotten the backpack from."

- 'The Lightning Thief'.

12. "People are more difficult to work with than machines. And when you break a person, he can't be fixed."

-'The Battle Of The Labyrinth'.

13. "When I was at the river Styx, turning invulnerable...Nico said I had to concentrate on one thing that kept me anchored to the world, that made me want to stay mortal."

- 'The Last Olympian'.

14. "You hit the lord of the titans in the eye with a blue plastic hairbrush."

- 'The Battle Of The Labyrinth'.

15. "He didn't think much of fates and prophecies, but he did believe in one thing: Annabeth and he were supposed to be together."

- 'The House Of Hades'.

16. "Why can't you place a blessing like that on us?"

-'The Lightning Thief'.

17. "Thinking you can do things better than anyone else."

- 'The Sea Of Monsters'.

18. "Europa fell off and died along the way, but that's not important."

-'The Sea Of Monsters'.

My favorite part of Titan's Curse

Hey, can I see that sword you were using?"
I showed him riptide, and explained how it turned from a pen into a sword just by uncapping it.
"Cool! does it ever run out of ink?"
"Um, well, I don't actually write with it."
"Are you really the son of poseidon?"
"Well, yeah."
"Can you surf really well, then?"
I looked at Grover, who was trying hard not to laugh.
"Jeez, Nico," I said. "I've never really tried."
He went on asking questions. Did I fight a lot with Thalia, since she was a daughter of Zeus? (I didn't answer that one.) If Annabeth's mother was Athena, the goddess of wisdom, then why didn't Annabeth know better than to fall off a cliff? (A tried not to strangle nico for asking that one.) Was Annabeth my girlfriend? (At this point, I was ready to stick the kid in a meat-flavored sack and throw him to the wolves.).