𝙛𝙞𝙛𝙩𝙮

CHAPTER FIFTY
"The Deal"
——

At Meridian, Leah fires the hwacha at walkers as they flood into the compound

At Meridian, Leah fires the hwacha at walkers as they flood into the compound. Ashton breathes heavily as he watches the madness unfold and he can't do anything to help. "You look quite pale there. I could just end his suffering right now" Carver begs and Leah turns around and inspects the sweat beaming off Ashton's forehead and notices his skin is getting quite pale. "What happened to you?" Leah wonders as Ashton looks around at the reapers who stand before him.

Down below, Jane is the midst of the rockets, trying desperately to get out. Jane feels a hand grab hers and she swiftly turns around, ready to attack until she realizes it's Silas. "Woah" Silas says before a walker near them gets a rocket blasted inside their stomach and it was any second until they exploded. "Get down!" Silas shouts as he tackles Jane to the ground as the walker exploded in their presence.

Jane lifted her head and quickly stood to her feet, grabbing Silas by his arm and helping him up. "We gotta go" Jane states breathlessly as they rush over to a train car but Silas is quickly pulled away by a reaper. "Liar!" The reaper argues as he roughly pushes Silas onto the ground. Silas groans in pain but that doesn't stop him from sending multiple punches to the man's face. The man falls back and tries to go for Silas again but Jane threw her knife into the back of the man's neck, causing blood to spill out of his mouth.

Jane walked over and snatched her knife out of his neck and proceeded to stab him in the head so he didn't turn. "You couldn't do that when he attacked me?" Silas asks as he stands to his feet. "I thought I'd let you two fight it out a little" Jane says breathlessly before her and Silas find a door to a building and rush over to it, meeting up with Maggie.

"Come on" Maggie urges and the three of them go into the building and travel up the stairs and go through another door and quietly close it behind them. They hear a door open and close in the distance and hide behind one of the walls for cover incase it was a reaper but it wasn't. It was Negan and Elijah and it seemed like Elijah was injured somehow. Jane notices the bleeding from Elijah's wound and demands they take care of it. Maggie brings them to the infirmary, gathers all her supplies and shows them to a secret room where they can hide incase a reaper happens to follow them.

"What do we do now?" Negan asks as Silas takes a seat on the ground to rest after the long night he's had. "We wait till dawn. Hunt them down then" Maggie explains as she looks through the peep hole for any movement. "We have to find Ashton. They have him" Jane argues quietly. "We will find him but right now we need to worry about ourselves" Maggie states as she turns to Jane who can't believe Maggie isn't eager to find the rest of the group.

"Can we just get the food and go?" Negan asks. "It's not that easy. We can't walk outta here with baskets of food" Jane states. "But we can walk outta here to find a scrawny kid who's probably already dead" Negan argues back and Silas stood up and punched Negan across the face as hard as he could because of the way her spoke about Ashton. "I rather walk outta here with my arms empty and looking for Ashton. Then have a few apples weighing me down" Jane defends as she and Silas look down at Negan with disgust before they hear someone contact Carver over via radio.