7

16 year old Gilbert stood on the abandoned dock holding the flower he promised he'd bring

16 year old Gilbert stood on the abandoned dock holding the flower he promised he'd bring. The sun was infact beautiful as she said, the air wasn't cold, it was right. And the breeze felt amazing.

He nervously rocked his feet back and forth staring into the ocean water, checking if his clothes weren't wrinkly or had food stains nor dirt from training.

"Gilbert"

He spun around and swooned harder at the sight of her, under the soft light of the sunset. The breeze letting her hair flow like the waves in the water, her eyes glowing like gold dust.

Norie smiled and walked closer, they stood on the dock with the comforting silence. Gilbert walked closer and fixed his paper boy hat.

"For you"he said and offered the flower to her.

She looked at it and laughed softly making him melt while Norie said "so...you actually promised"

"Yeah...why wouldn't I?"

"Well you barely know me, it's not really common to make promises to strangers, at least in my opinion"

Gilbert smiled and says "you got me there but, you make an exception"

Norie felt her cheeks warm up making her look down at the Violet in her hand, she felt a warm finger under her chin and her gaze was brought back to the boy.

"I want to know you Norie"

She stared as he tucked a strand of hair behind her ear while his cheeks were pink as well but tried to cover it up with a smile.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•

"How am I suppose to tell her?"Norie whispers shakingly as stood next to Claudia as Violet was kneeling in front of a case to check her belongings.

Claudia frowned at her red eyes and says "I don't know...but she thinks that he's still in some base"

"My brooch? The emerald gold brooch"They heard Violet speak up.

"This was all they found by your side and in your quarters."the nurse responded.

"Then if it's not here I must look for it!"Violet said while quickly closing her case and ran off.

"Violet!"Norie called out but Claudia grabbed her wrist in time.

"It was a gift! It was a gift from the Major and Norie!"the girl argued.