𝙋𝙖𝙧𝙩 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

3rd person POV

"Maybe you should just kick her off the team."

That voice. That voice. It's her. Another peasant fly. The voice that undid her. Himari, Y/n thought to herself. Himari sensed Y/N's tension and laughed. More to herself than to anyone else.

"Himari? What are you doing here?" Hina looked as confused as everyone else did. She slightly shielded Y/n. While Y/n was to oblivious to notice, the action did peek the attention of other teammates.

"What do you think, Mia? Wanna let your angel go?" Himari says, completely ignoring Hina. Mia stood still in place, one hand in her pocket and the other sheepishly scratching her nape. She looked nerved having the attention shoved on her. 

She diverted her eyes left and right and her face held an unsure, uneasy and a still, but more irked look. "What do you want Himari?" Mia asks her. It's clear that she's not bothered by her presence but still wants to yeet her across the gym.

"I just thought of visiting my dear rivals, especially her." She points at Y/n. Hina again slightly shields her, which Y/n, again, didn't notice. Suddenly Mia steps forward, infront of both Hina and Y/n.

"Get lost, Ari. You're not welcome here", her voice is dangerously low and her look radiates psychopathic energy. Y/n is tipped off with the nick name, but she's too focused on the brat infront of her to think much of it.

"Aw. C'mon, Mia", oh she did not just go there- "This angel of yours would be a perfect addition to my team. It would be a waste to sit her out knowing that she's so...powerful", she brought her hand to her chin on 'powerful' and tilts her head. Y/n hears the shuffle of sneakers but keeps her eyes on Hina's back.

Himari strides past Mia and reaches out for Y/n. Now Y/n notices Hina's actions. She immediately steps between the two girls. Himari may be short be she's quite intimidating as well. Her lilac eyes are cold and emotionless. Just like the rest of her, Y/n thinks.

Y/n also thinks this is bad. The three girls are glaring literal, (figurative) daggers at each other. The other members, including the coach, were now gone. The practice for today is likely cancelled and the only people left are Hina, Mia, Himari and Y/n.

"You little b-" Hina lunges towards Himari and almost tackles her to the ground. If Y/n wasn't there to stop her, she would be throwing hands, literally. Mia steps beside them and pulls Hina back while she still argues some more.

"How dare you come back here after what you did! What are you trying to do? Steal our tactics and win Nationals again? Huh? HUH?!" Hina shouts at her and Y/n can't help but lose her grip on the wriggling senior.

Mia also let her guard down and Hina knocks herself onto Himari. The two girls throw fists at each other and Y/n can't help but just watch, stock-still. Mia comes between the both of them and separates them at arms length.

"You two are acting childish", she said. Hina and Himari share a staring competition. Though Mia is talking, they don't seem to be listening, neither is Y/n. Until Himari speaks up.

"If we can't decide on our own account, why don't you ask Y/n? Which team does she want to be on?" Himari fashions a dirty smirk and looks deeply into Y/N's soul.

Now the attention is on her.

__

1st person POV

What is she trying to say?  "I wanna stay on this team." I don't know why but it sounded like I wasn't sure of myself. Did I really mean it?

"Why do you sound so unsure, Y/n?" Himari raised a brow. I was sure. Now they were all looking at me. Himari, Hina and Mia. I didn't like it. I needed to go.

"Hey! Leaving so soon?" Himari called after me but Hina stopped her. I ran for the doors and I left the school premises.

I continued to run faster and faster every time. Until I stopped in front of a store. I slowed down. It was really close to my school, if they ran fast enough all three of the girls would see me enter the building. Luckily they were stuck with their own problems.

I entered the store and it's little bell dinged.

It was just a cute little convenient store. Like the ones you'd find at a gas station. A woman stood behind the cashier desk. She lit a cigarette.

"Hello Crystal," I said. She looked up from her lighter and waved at me. "Hey, love. How are you doin'?" She puffed out smoke. "I'm good. And you?" I joined her at the desk and I leaned on it.

"Well, I've been better..." She sighed. I couldn't help but feel a bit...bored. I had just ran away from one problem and now I've come to see someone else's problem.

"Sergio said hi" I broke the silence and made eye contact with her. "Ah. That old scumbag....wait, you went to the Hall again?" I shrugged my shoulders. "What?" Again with the Hall issue, "it's not that big if a deal, y'know?"

Crystal slammed her hand on the desk. "Did I not tell you to never go there again? I did! So why did you go?" I didn't want to have this conversation with her. Especially in the condition she was in.

"Listen, mom, I don't wanna talk about it" I stood up from the desk and pushed my hands in my pockets. Practically because of frustration. "I just got a lecture from my manager. I don't wanna talk, OK?"

She shook her head. "No, I asked you a question," she pointed her finger at me:" you better answer, missy." I looked at her finger, unwavering.

"I go there for the vibe, mom." I said matter of factly. "...as well as for the money. I really-" Crystal cut me off with a gasp. She covered her mouth with her hand as if she said something she didn't mean to.

"I told you to ask ME for money, honey. I don't want you getting hurt for a few measly bucks...I was you to be a normal teen, sweetie." Her face was that of a caring mother.

"I don't need your charity," , "Don't you remember? Charity starts at home, darling-" , "I said I don't want your money!" This I was the one to slam me hand on a table.

"Honey...wait, wait! Wait, where are you going?" I was heading for the door. "I'm leaving." I looked back at her. There we took a moment to exam each other. It lasted a while...

I turned again and left. But before I exited I picked a packet of chips from the shelf. I opened it and walked right out the door.

"I'm adding that to your tab!" Crystal said after me. I waved it off.

☾☏☽

1197.

I just changed the updating speed real fast-
:)