Chapter 7-Blood

•TW: blood•

As Dallas was sitting there on his knees, with the blood smears in front of him, he was trying yo control his tears but they all kept falling down his face.

This was clearly harder on him than you would think. First, Johnny almost dies so then that's already 10 months of constantly wondering and being stressed thinking about if he's gonna survive or not, and then there's Pony here who he doesn't even know what happened or if he's even alive!

•meanwhile•

The doctor had carried Ponyboy as quickly as he could to the er and plopped him onto the bed. He immediately noticed he had a huge head gash and was bleeding really badly from it.

As of right now, he was just unconscious they had figured out because his heart was still beating but if they didn't fix up his head, he could easily die.

There were about 3 other doctors who stormed in the room after they saw the doctor rushing there with the bleeding boy.

One of the doctors kept an eye on his heart monitor thing to make sure he was still alive of course while a different doctor was trying to clean up his head so they could easily see to put the staples on that he needed to close up his gash.

The original doctor who had carried Ponyboy, ended up just quickly giving him staples because his head was uncontrollably bleeding still.

They ended up getting his head all stitched up so as he finished putting the staples in, there was blood everywhere. He had lost so much but apparently he had a good and strong blood type so there was a chance he could make it.

The doctors all looked at the ground and the bed and Pony and there really was a whole lot of blood. The doctor who had carried him in their said: "Yeah there's a trail all the way from the bathroom here...looks like it got worse when we laid him down." Another doctor said: "well that's the only way we could save him." The first doctor sighed.

After a few moments of just standing there, watching Ponyboy and looking at all the blood and the wreck of what had happened, a janitor came in. He knocked on the wall as he entered.

"Should I be concerned about the trail of blood in the hall?" The janitor questioned.

The first doctor moved out of the way from where he was standing so that the janitor could see the boy still unconscious in the bed. He asked no further questions and went back out into the hall to mop up all the blood...there was too much and he didn't know what else to do other than mop. But of course the whole time he was thinking: this has got to be some sort of horror story.

All of the doctors were still standing around the bed with Pony, checking on his heart monitors and waiting for something, anything to happen....some sign that he was gaining consciousness.

•meanwhile all the doctors were standing around the bed and Dally was still in the bathroom trying to comprehend everything•

Amelia was heartbroken. You wouldn't think this would hit so hard on a nurse. She had become pretty close to all the boys though, after that 10 months.

For the first probably like 8 minutes, Amelia sat there thinking about all that had happened. She thought about how she had worried Dally with the whole 'for now' talk, and about how she could tell Johnny was hurting for Ponyboy more than himself. She thought about how Pony was crying over the bed, and about how guilty Johnny and even Amelia herself felt for no reason really at all because it wasn't anyone's fault that Johnny had fell into a coma or that he didn't remember anything.

Johnny laid there thinking about probably the same things for the most part considering he was the one who felt guilty.

Both of them though, seriously had no idea where Dally, or even Ponyboy went for that matter.

A while later, Dally felt his stomach hurting and he felt all dizzy. That definitely got his attention and broke him out of his crying. He stood up and stumbled back to the wall next to the door, catching himself with his hand so his head didn't hit. He stood there for a second just the way he was, still having his hand against the wall behind him.

Once he became a little less dizzy, he went right out of the room, cautious at first just to make sure he would be able to move quicker.

When he looked down at the ground, he saw the first line of blood that was making a trail and he didn't even hesitate, he bolted right down that trail, pushing people if he saw them because he didn't want them in his way.

He saw the trail of blood stop and go into a room. He of course guessed that was Pony's room. He made a sharp turn and went right into the room, stopping himself, and he definitely froze when he saw Ponyboy on the bed, and to him since he had no idea what happened, Pony looked dead.

The first doctor went over towards Dally and said: "he definitely is unconscious right now because he lost a lot of blood but I think he kept enough for him to be ok."

Dally kinda did a sigh of relief. Dallas thought for a second just staring at Pony. "Think-" Dally mumbled. "Think-" The doctor heard him that time and asked: "what was that?"
Dally: "You think...it's always think. It's never 'oh he'll be ok' it's always 'I think' he'll be ok."
The doctor: "Well you can never be too sure. He seems ok but there could always be an off chance that....ya know-"

Dally stood there watching Pony and a tear rolled down his cheek.