Ch.4: "Double Trouble, or Multiple."

Disclaimer: This chapter contains mature themes of violence, brutality, & macabre themes. You've been warned.

I am roughly Stasis Cuffed to a chair in front of a wall of monitors by the two police mechs as the short-statured officer stepped ahead of me with a remote control.

"Aurelia Pax, you are under arrest for theft, robbery, burglary, assault, aggravated assault, blackmail, illegal racing, the Kidnapping of Dust Stalker, & attempted murder Airmed Skye." I nod obediently to everything from theft to the illegal racing but protest quickly to the attempted murder & kidnapping.

"Woah! Hold up! Back up! Murder & kidnapping!? To Dusty & Skye!? Look, officer, uh-" the two bigger mechs order me to shut up 'professionally' until the smallest one held his servo up to stop them.

"Dropforge."

"Right, Officer Dropforge, I'd never do that! Skye is the closest bot to a carrier I could ever ask for & Dusty is a Sire figure to me! Why would I do something so horrible!?" Dropforge shakes his helm in disapproval before switching the screens on before pulling up several CCTV footages of- me!?

My optics frantically scan the screens as I watch duplicates of myself committing all the acts listed but these aren't all the ones I did before I started living with Skye, this me looked like my current cosmetic self but she was just dreadful!

The mechanic shop, where I received my cosmetic changes & medical aid in a pinch for as long as I was able to talk & walk, was burning after a huge explosion that followed 'me'. The dinner where I met Gail, the place where we spent many a sleepless recharge cycle downing oil & gossiping & further strengthening our friendship, had several ruffians ransacking it & tormenting the workers after hauling them through the broken windows by beating them with blunt items that I couldn't make out due to poor film quality caused by signal interference.

I was posted up against the corner of an adjoining alleyway in the background thumbing through a datapad that seemed to hold all of the Shanix the restaurant had stored on it for that shift & most before it. Everywhere where there was any form of emotional fondness to me had been violated by these doppelgangers in ways I could only fathom in my nightmares but there were two cameras who showed the worst of it all.

The dwelling that Skye & I had called home for so long erupted after another me hauled a semi-functional Skye out of it as both of their forms & the dragging trail were highlighted by light blue Energon, but Skye looks like she has goodie smudged over her face like someone had taken a cake & force-fed her, but she refused so they painted it on her instead. My double forced her to the ground, splattering her Energon from under her giving me an indication of a large wound on her dorsal side.

Poor Skye tried to sit up & fight, but the double kicked her in the faceplate, rendering her unconscious. As she laid there helplessly, the being broke her tablet from her shoulder port & vanished into the darkness before looking directly at the camera & dragging its drenched digit over its intake & mask from one side to the other, forming a macabre smile that glimmered grotesquely in the dim street. My tank & spark battered my protoform's innermost layers as I bend forward in a nausea-ridden panic. Dropforge stepped next to me as my helm now leveled with his.

"Either you think this is all funny or you're trying to be Cybertron's worst actress. Either way, your behavior is wasting time. Where did you take Dust Stalker?" His tone is cold & unfeeling in my audio processer as I try to swallow the kink in my pipe.

"I-! I don't-! I didn't-!" Each attempt at a verbal self-defense only met with partially stifled sobs & thwarted vomiting. The two bigger mechs grabbed my shoulders & forced me upright in the seat as their leader told them to.