CHAPTER 9: TRUTHS REVEALED

A/N POV

"Jungkook!!!"

Everyone turned to see Y/N standing in the doorway, her face pale and eyes wide with shock.

"What's happening, Jungkook?" Her voice was shaky, full of fear and confusion as she looked at the mess around her.

In that moment, Jungkook's rage fizzled out like a candle in the wind. He saw the fear in Y/N's eyes and felt a heavy weight in his chest. He took a step back from Yong, his hands trembling.

Seeing Y/N so scared, Jungkook felt a pang of guilt. He took a deep breath, trying to get his emotions under control.

"What are you doing here, Y/N?" he asked, his voice tense with both concern and frustration.

Before Y/N could respond, Yong cut in with false empathy. "Y/N... Your father has come to save you from this monster. I'll take you back with me." 

Y/N stood there, her gaze distant and unfocused. It was as if she was waiting for something—anything—to break the numbness that had settled over her. Her arms hung by her sides, her posture resigned.

"Are you a mafia too?" she asked in a flat, emotionless tone, her voice barely above a whisper.

Yong's voice quivered as he reached for Y/N, his hand outstretched.

"I'm so sorry for keeping this from you, sweetheart. When we get back, I'll explain everything. Now come on, you don't need to stay with this monster anymore."

Y/N allowed Yong to pull her toward him, her movements sluggish, almost as if she was in a trance. She made no effort to resist.

Jungkook, desperate to protect her, moved swiftly, placing himself between Y/N and Yong. 

"Y/N, don't listen to him. He's trying to mess with your head. He—"

Before he could finish, Yong whipped out a gun, aiming it straight at Jungkook. His voice boomed with cold determination.

"Enough of your lies! I'm taking my daughter back, and there's nothing you can do to stop me. If you try, I'll shoot you right here!"

Y/N's eyes widened in panic. "Don't!"

Yong's attention snapped back to Y/N, clearly surprised by her sudden defiance.

"Y/N, why are you defending them?" 

Y/N's voice was steady, surprising everyone. "I'll handle this myself. Hand me the gun."

Yong's face lit up with a sinister grin as he passed her the gun. He was thrilled, thinking he had twisted Y/N to his will. 

Jungkook's heart sank. Seeing Y/N, who once was so innocent, now holding a weapon with a deadly look, hit him hard. He felt a deep sadness watching her being pulled into this mess.

Wonwoo, lurking in the shadows, watched with a smug smile. He was enjoying every second.

V's voice cracked with desperation. "Y/N, don't. You don't have the full picture. Please, don't make a choice you'll regret."

Ignoring him, Y/N took a shaky step towards Jungkook, her hands clutching the gun as if it were the only thing keeping her grounded. Her steps were slow, deliberate, her gaze locked on Jungkook as if trying to etch every detail of him into her memory.

The gun trembled in her hands, her fingers white-knuckled. Jungkook stood there, his face a mask of impassive calm, but his eyes betrayed a storm of emotions—guilt, sorrow, and resignation.