CHAPTER 14: UNEXPECTED KISS

A/N POV [ MORNING]

As Y/N continued packing, the room became a tangled web of memories. Each item she placed into her suitcase was a reminder of the moments they shared. The process felt bittersweet, like saying goodbye to a chapter of her life.

Jungkook burst into the room, his eyes wide with desperation. He grabbed Y/N's hand, his voice cracking as he spoke.

"You don't have to do this, Y/N. You can stay."

Y/N looked at him, her heart aching at the sight of his pain. She had never meant to hurt him, but the situation had become too complicated. Her voice was gentle, trying to convey her feelings while making herself clear.

"Jungkook, you have to understand. Lisa is uncomfortable with my presence, and I don't want to be a hindrance to your life. I was planning to leave soon anyway, so why not today?"

Jungkook's grip on her hand loosens, his disappointment evident. Y/N reached out and gently stroked his hair. She wanted him to understand that her decision wasn't a rejection of him, but rather a choice made with everyone's best interests in mind.

Before leaving the room, Y/N turned to Jungkook, her voice soft and tinged with hidden sadness.

"Take care, Jungkook."

Jungkook stood frozen, watching her leave. He wished he could change the circumstances, make her stay, but deep down, he knew she had to follow her own path.

As Y/N made her way downstairs, she sensed a shift in the atmosphere. Lisa approached her with a look of sincerity and regret.

"Y/N... I'm sorry for what I said last night. I was scared of losing Jungkook and spoke out of panic. Please don't take my words to heart and stay."

Y/N listened to Lisa's heartfelt apology with understanding. Emotions were running high, and she held no grudge against her. Smiling warmly, she appreciated Lisa's honesty and bravery.

"You don't need to apologize, Lisa. It's okay. I'm heading to V's place. His house renovations are done, and I'll be staying there."

Lisa's eyes held a glimmer of hope as she asked, "You will come to my engagement, right?"

Y/N nodded, her smile genuine. "Of course, I'll be there. You're my friend."

Lisa's face brightened with relief and happiness. She pulled Y/N into a tight hug, grateful for her understanding. Just then, the sound of a car horn interrupted them, signaling V's car had arrived. V, caught up in an important meeting, had sent the car to pick her up.

After exchanging final goodbyes, Y/N got into the car. As it drove away, she looked out the window at the mansion that had once been her home. There was no sign of Jungkook. It felt as if he had vanished from her sight.

                                           A/N POV [AFTER SOME TIME]

As Y/N stepped out of the car, she was struck by the grandeur of V's house. For a moment, she couldn't help but compare it to Jungkook's home. While Jungkook's mansion had a majestic, almost regal aura, V's house showcased a refined, modern elegance. Both homes reflected their owners' personalities, each magnificent in its own way.

 Both homes reflected their owners' personalities, each magnificent in its own way