101. "when I folded, you saw the best in me"

CI

CI. THE JOKER AND THE QUEEN

21:79 ─❁────────── 31:80

◁                           Ⅱ                           ▷

And I know you could fall for a thousand kings

And hearts that would give you a diamond ring

༻───────────────༺

         LUCIA WAS EXHAUSTED.

She had been overworked these past few days and she just couldn't wait for it all to end. Just this morning she had spent doing hard labour, helping to prepare a wedding for someone she wasn't even related to, yet she didn't have the heart to drop everything and run.

Finally, by three o'clock, she was done. Wanting to cherish the moment before she was to be secluded along with Ginny and Gabrielle with Fleur in Percy's room, Lucia went downstairs with Erin to take a quick breather and they both walked toward the great white marquee in the orchard and standing outside of it at the entrance was: Harry, Ron, Fred, and George awaiting the arrival of the wedding guests.

Although, technically, Harry was not 'Harry' per se, but disguised as a Weasley cousin called, 'Cousin Barny'. And thanks to the great number of Weasley relatives, it would most certainly be believable. Erin had told her of how Fred, and George went into the muggle village, St. Catchpole, just to find some boys with red hair. They didn't go to great lengths as Lucia had thought, but it was an ideal thing.

All four of them were clutching seating plans, seeing as they were given the job to show people to the right seats. And after a host of white-robed waiters had arrived, along with a golden-jacketed band, and all of these wizards were currently sitting a short distance away under a tree, smoke issuing from the spot, Lucia and Erin approached them.

It was a nice day for Fleur and Bill's wedding. The sky was blue and clear from any clouds unlike a few days ago, and butterflies and bees were hovering lazily over the grass and hedgerow. As they both neared, they heard them conversing.

"When Eri and I get married," said Fred, tugging at the collar of his own robes, "We won't be bothering with any of this nonsense. You can all wear what you like, and I'll put a full Body-Bind Curse on Mum until it's all over."

"We'll see," said Erin, causing the group of young men to turn to the approaching girls. Lucia was still in her casual outfit, while Erin was in her formal gown; it was a lacy, off-shoulder gown, embellished in the colour of sage green. The gown made her look nothing but regal and elegant.