Chapter 3

Jaio's POV:

It has been a week since I was in the Lin Ju Village and met Peng and Li-An. I still have not found whatever it is that I am searching for. I feel that I am close, so I keep walking forward. That is when I find horrifying sight, a village, wrecked and burnt to the ground. I look around, this place feels familiar, I see a burnt house to the north of the village, something pulls me to that house. I go in and it was like a long lost memory came back.

*Flashback*

"Jaio! Come here, it is time for lunch!" momma calls.

I run on all fours to her momma and jump into her arms, nuzzling her, waiting to be put in my chair.

"Momma, love!" I exclaim.

"I love you to sweetie. Now sit right there." momma says, ruffling my fur.

"Lunch time already?" Baba says, coming in through the door.

"Yes love. How was your day so far my love?" Momma asks baba.

"Good. How has our boy here been today Zali?" Baba asks.

"How do you think Alec? Like an angel." Momma says. Putting food on the table for her and baba, then getting my food.

With that we started to eat.

*Flashback Ends*

This place... This is where I was born, where my species lived. I remember now. Mother, father, their friends Uncle Ra-Shen and Aunt Kaila and their new born Kira. Whatever happened to my species, it wasn't good. I just wish I knew what happened. Maybe I'll never know, maybe I will figure it out someday. I am going to keep looking around this place, maybe I'll find more clues. Other than that I will probably head back home.

Shifu's POV:

Things are now getting back to normal from Kai attacking. Po has started to get better at teaching, of course I still watch to make sure he does not kill one or all of the five. I am currently watching one of his teaching right now, so far everything is going well. Two hours in and Zeng comes through the doors to the training hall.

"Master Shifu the is a scroll for you, sir." Zeng says, handing me said scroll

"Thank you Zeng." I say.

Zeng bows and took his leave. I look at the scroll, from the Valley of Serenity. I open it up.

"Master Shifu, what is it? Danger again? Who is it this time? Cause he will totally be going down!" Po says.

"A note." I reply.

"What about? If you don't mind my asking master." Tigress says.

I start to read the note aloud:

"Dear Grandmaster Shifu of the Jade Palace,

I do apologize if this note finds you at an inconvenient time, but I am in search of someone of importance to my family and I heard the last place he was known to be was at the Jade Palace. His name is Jaio. Please if he is there, or if he is not there and you know anything of his whereabouts, it would very much appreciated so I can unite him back with some family.

Thank you,

Mei-Len of the Valley of Serenity."

"Who is Jaio? There is no Jaio here." Po says.

"Yes master, what is the note talking about?" Tigress questions.

I guess there is no hiding it. I will have to tell them about Jaio. It has been a long time since I heard his name.

"I guess I should start from the beginning. It was twenty two years ago, Tai Lung was sixteen. One day he went to the village to gather supplies we were out of, but he came back with more than just the supplies."

*Twenty Two Years Ago*

I was meditating in the courtyard enjoying the peace that quietness at the moment presented. Tai Lung had gone to the village to get supplies. It has been an hour since he left and I can now hear him coming up now, though there was someone with him. The doors to the courtyard open and Tai Lung comes in with the supplies and behind him there was a tiger cub.

"Tai Lung, who it this you have brought with you? Where are his parents?" I question.

"Master, this is Jaio, I found him walking alone in the streets of the Valley of Peace. He said he was left in the woods by his parents. I thought I'd bring him here so he would have shelter." Tai Lung says.

"Tai Lung we don't just let anybody into the Jade Palace. It has to be brought to Master Oogways attention and approval first!" I start.

"Non-sense Shifu. This poor cub is welcome here." Master Oogway says, coming out of the Great Hall of Hero's, walking towards the tiger cub.

"So.. Jaio is it?" Master Oogway asks the cub.

"Y-Yes sir." the cub says. "It is a p-pleasure to m-meet you."

Master Oogway starts to study the cub, circling him and observing him.

"Mmm, so young and yet very smart. Cubs your age would usually stutter more to get the words they are trying to say. Welcome to the Jade Palace, if you wish you may call the Jade Palace you home young one." Master Oogway says.

"Thank you, sir." the cub says.

*Present*

"Since the Tai Lung and Jaio became close to one another. Jaio wanted to learn Kung Fu but I was very one sighted back then, I kept my focus on training only Tai Lung, believing he was to be the Dragon Warrior, completely ignoring Jaio's attempts to show me his interests. So he went to Master Oogway, and Master Oogway happily trained him. Jaio looked up to both Tai Lung and Oogway, but he mostly took to Tai Lung. Those two became brothers. Then when Jaio was seven, Tai Lung betrayed us and it devastated Jaio. Soon after Jaio ran away, where neither Oogway or I know." I admit.

"Wow.. So Tai Lung and this Jaio were close." Po says.

"Wait, and this Jaio is a tiger?!" Tigress exclaims, surprised.

I look down, she is in shock which will most likely turn to anger towards me for not telling her that there was at least one other of her species out there.

"Yes, and the only reason I have never spoken of Jaio is because I have been ashamed of my inactions for him. I failed him." I say.

There was a long pause.

"Well, um, ok. Training is over and I don't know about you guys but I am starving." Po says, walking to the door to head to the kitchen.

Everyone else starts to head out as well heading to the kitchen. I look to the note again. I don't know how I can help this Mei-Len. Jaio never left a not saying where he went. Unless? If he did, I wouldn't have seen it, but Master Oogway would have. With a mission in mind, I head to Master Oogways personal scroll room. If I can do anything for Jaio, I will do what I can to help him reunite with this family that he seems important to.

"Forgive me Master for going through you personal scrolls." I say in hopes Master Oogway hears, as I enter the room.