Chapter 1: His gaze

It was a cool crisp morning. The sun rising ever so slightly, creating a orange and red sea of clouds in the sky. The warm lights casting down on a little coffee shop, shining through the window, creating a natural light.
Lincoln looked up from his book when the tiny bell in the door rang, alerting him that someone has came in. He looked over to the door, a lost at words at the tall, handsome man before him.
He watched as the tall man made his way over to the counter. A small smile on his chiseled face as he looked at Lincoln with soft blue eyes.
Lincoln, realizing he was just starting, quickly cleared his throat and stood up, noticing that he was a few inches taller than the stranger. He set his book aside and smiled.
"Hello and welcome to the Books and Coffee café."
"Hello." He smiled once again, glancing at the menu. "I think I'll have a salted caramel frappuccino and a bagel."
Lincoln nodded before putting the small order into the tablet. He made his way over to the display case, opening the back doors as he grabbed a bagel.
"Would you like it warmed up, sir?" He asked, looking to the tall man.
The man nodded and watched as Lincoln walked over to the toaster oven.
As Lincoln did that he tapped his fingers on the counter, trying to create more noise in the quiet café. He glanced over his shoulder at the man.
"So...I haven't seen you here before. Are you new in town?"
The stranger looked at him, humming before he replied. "No, not really. I've been here for awhile, but I've never been down this road."
Lincoln nodded.
"Not that many people come down this road. It's usually a quiet street, nothing really happens here."
The man hummed again as Lincoln made his way over to him, offering out the bagel. He took it and watched as Lincoln went to make the drink.
Nothing but the sound of the blender could be heard in the small café. The two stood in silence as the blender did its work.
Once the machine was done, Lincoln put the drink in a cup and went over to the stranger, who in turn handed him his credit card.
"If this road has you in it, then I'll have to just keep coming back." The stranger said, catching Lincoln off guard as he handed him the credit card back. His face went hot as the handsome stranger winked. "I'll see you around Abraham."
And with that the stranger made his way over to the door and walked out. Leaving a confused Lincoln at the counter by himself.
"I...Yeah see ya."